Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

g.durand

One Too Many
Che--really like that Strat. I'm with dh, the brim up and irregular snap looks good.

Tommy--great looking Stetsonian. I have hope that we will be seeing better products from Hatco in the future.

hatguy--nice to have some trusty old gear like a well worn hat and jacket.

Eric--I'm smitten by the Vogue. I would love to get my hands on one.

Yesterday I took my road bike out for the first time in two years. For the last twenty-five or so I've been a dedicated road cyclist, but burnout and work got in the way for awhile. So yesterday I did a short shake down ride and this morning I was up and out at dawn with a couple of riding pals.

Yesterday, the warmest day on record here. The temps reached 80 degrees F. Check out the funny hat.

IMG_5069_zpsia9esjms.jpg

This morning, basking in the endorphin afterglow, with more conventional head wear, a nice old Borsalino Alessandria.

IMG_5095_zpsbbqiomre.jpg

Last edited:

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
before I ordered the "Last Man" from Art, actually before I even knew Art existed I ordered this version from Cappelleria Melegari in Milan. Rabbit felt, it's pretty amazing how close these hats are.
wabbit.jpg

tommyK

One Too Many
This is a Sunday for grey fedoras with black bands! Great hats one and all!

Thanks for the kind words about the Stetsonian. I'm going to give it a taste of snow tomorrow morning see how it holds up. My Premiere Stratoliners took the weather well, I think this one will too.

Eric-I really like that bowler, looks like it's got a descent amount of brim compared to some. And that Stetson Vogue. Truly a favorite of mine among your many great hats.
G.durand-That's a lot of Borsalino! Approaching cowboy hat size, a real beauty.
Roger-classic good look all around
wcbrown-they're both winners to me
hatguy-can't go wrong with classic grey

wcbrown

One of the Regulars
Nice assortment,WC those two do look nearly identical.

they were side by side in the original photo, I edited it and seperated them. Arts bow is distinct, and the VS is a tad darker, but dimensions wise....it is really crazy how close they are. even the bashs and crease

1&2.jpg

here is one last shot Art's on the left, Melegari's on the right.

Last edited:
Nice to see a bit of everyone's weekend life.

Roger, your shot really captures a joyful hat. G.D., congratulations on getting back in the saddle.

cheers!
Alan

GregNYC

One Too Many
Many varied hats over the weekend, gents. Sorry I was busy, no time to peruse in detail and comment.

Today, a worsted newsboy from Barry that will go under the hood of my parka in the rain.

4148ea3d884b1db2d1e40e159e9c2502.jpg

--Greg

hatguy1

One Too Many
Great weekend array of hats all around, guys.

If I knew how to wear headgear made of sackcloth and ashes, after that lousy way for Seattle to lose the SuperBowl I would be wearin' it today. I can't believe they called a pass play with only a yard or so to a TD and 2 downs left. Oh, the humanity!

Oh, well; guess that's a great example of a "hero or zero" decision, eh? If it'd worked and caught New England completely off guard for a step-in TD, we'd all be saying this morning they were brilliant. But as it is, they're the zero and the rookie Butler who read the play perfectly and made his interception is the hero.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hats from the last few days:

Saturday and Sunday I wore my coyote hat. It was cold here and I don't get too many chances to pull this one out.
IMG_0573forum.jpg
IMG_0577.JPG

IMG_0589.JPG

Today - Slogging through the snow in my wide ribbon campdraft
IMG_0675.JPG

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought it from an old forum member Indycop who I haven't seen here in a while. I'm sorry but I don't know where he got the ribbon from.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
A quick check in and a short montage of the hats I've been wearing a lot lately: royal deluxe Open Road, tumwater silver belly (to the Minnesota opera) and my vs, which I haven't posted a ton this winter but have worn a lot.

Hmm tapatalk will no longer let me post photos without upgrading to the new and deproved version.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana