Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Nice, I like the Highlands.
I think you have been to Skye, that's beautiful too and Talisker Scotch, wow!

Been there 3 times in Skye. Nice place, nice people. Two times were limited only to Kyleakin and Kyle of Lochalsh because of transportation (bus and train). The 3rd time we were able to go to Portree and more to the north because we had rented a car. This time because we didn't wanted to spend a lot of money, sadly we didn't go there since it needs a day travel to go there and another day to return from... "our" house in Renfrew (Glasgow). Also the weather was getting worst with ice on the roads up there in the highlands.

Tedquinton

A-List Customer
Most Brits can't handle our beer :) they think it's like their lagger ;)

For what I know, you'll not be disappointed.

Hi Joao

It's great to hear of your travels in our still single country! How apt that I've been wearing Portuguese felt whilst you've been drinking highland malts. I'm unsure who got the best deal.

I still wish you had not joined the Euro as I'm sure I would have been to your shores several more times more than I have.

You have a beautiful country, that one day, I'm sure I will return to again.

Best wishes

Greg(UK)

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
To be true, I didn't drank any highland malt. On this trip I only drank a bit of Jack Daniel's Honey because I had finished taking antibiotics the day before the flight, didn't wanted to push it right now (there) and since someone payed it, I drank it.

Joining the Euro had it's ups and downs. For once we were able to see how unbalanced the union is and since the Euro is stronger than the dollar, I can get my hats cheaper ;)
Even so I think the every day life cost in the UK and in Portugal are very similar.
My flight from Lisbon to Edinburg (and return) was only a little more expensive then the cost of fuel to take a car from Lisbon to Algarve (Vila Real de Santo António) and return!!!

And returning to the topic, before I wan away to Scotland, I wore this: a big 3x beaver Resistol!
20150129.jpg

And had choose this Stetson 4x Buffalo to be my new travel hat. Here in this picture I'm south of Edinburg near Lanark (well in Lanarkshire).
20150131.jpg

Marvelous Montana, Perry! Study in earthtones is a perfect, warm look for the season!

Knotten you have a classic, upscale commuter look in that Strat, sir

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the kind words everyone! Bob certainly did a great job. The binding is indeed original to the hat. Bob hand dyed the new ribbon. The contrast between the two varies depending on the light.

Joao glad you had a safe trip. Nice buffalo in the snow pic.

Great Strat. Knotten. Cool train pic.

Excellent looking homburg JLee. The colors are great!!!

Nice Akubra, Aether.

You look the man, Case! All around cool.....hat, jacket, boots, weather.

DJH, Greg, & S-4-C, you guys rock the caps!
Strapped I was on your turf over the weekend. Friday evening rush hour reminded me why I live here. I did enjoy some dogs at the Varsity while I was there, though. It had been a while.

Working it to your Advintage there Tedquinton. (You like how I did that?)

That Knox is nice, New Jack. It really looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy