Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks guys! Fruno, I've found I only like the fedora side dents on hats with at least 5 3/4 open crowns and I don't go all the way front to back like one would with a cattleman crease on a cowboy hat.

Thanks for the advice. Mine usually end up looking like I've been (unsuccessfully) dodging softballs!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Charlie, I think Jonah wins best hat of the weekend! Well hatted one and all

View attachment 30911 View attachment 30912
Stetson Sovereign Twenty again

I've been thinking of giving a few more of my hats that 20's-30's style side dents. Kind of a cattleman crease for fedoras. It worked so well on one of my Mallory's, I thought I'd try it on another
View attachment 30913

wow.. just now saw this... just killer Tommy

the bash in your avatar has been a favorite of mine since I saw it ... your hats resemble it very much

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Wearing my own work toay, my first one. I have improved a bit since I made it, so I'm thinking about redoing the sweat and liner.
187200e4b803b99299a8c95a3ed6d6ee.jpg
7a348f2cdbe5965596ce49e4a3bb061d.jpg

hatguy1

One Too Many
Lovely parabuntals you have there, Alan! That remains one of my favorites of your collection. Cool setting in the observatory, but what on Earth is the drill press there for?

Over the weekend I had the privilege of hanging out with Jonah; wearing our straws, teaching him selfie techniques. Mine is a PHD Special Reserve, blocked and finished by Art Fawcett. His is an Ebay find without a name. Sitting on the steps at my daughter's home with the babies was a joy!!
View attachment 30899 View attachment 30900

Great looking straws. It's been so windy and rainy here that I've not been able to wear mine since like 1st week of May.

GregNYC

One Too Many
Fruno, great ribbon!
S4C, that no-name Panama looks good!!

Today in a cool summer linen 8-dart from Barry. Very airy and loose woven with a mesh liner.

2c94115fe51c5317f9b4d3097800f865.jpg

b27f066396b202266369c0ac3ed55656.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
I can't believe I've missed so many pages. Glancing back, I'm seeing lots of spectacular lids. Alan's parabuntal is incredible, and I admire the side dents from tommyk, to cite not nearly enough!

The heat is coming back to the prairie, but not too oppressive yet. Still it was time to break out my ultrafino montecristi yesterday.

0ef1408c5ca1c32846d8119750ce04f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave, the 25 is ALWAYS perfect!

And the Straws have Struck today...

Looking real good, Jeff!

Fruno, the Andover is a classy lid!

Mark, the no-name shall remain nameless, but its reputation as a super lid is well known!

Greg, I don't recall having seen that cap before. What a terrific color and pattern!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner