Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

javadave61

Practically Family
IMG_6406_zpsk4vysoo0.jpg

Because... imitation is the highest form of flattery...

880b2fabc05f70cc863961934f5cccfd.jpg

g.durand, you inspired me to give it a shot. The straw handled the reshaping much easier than I expected. The original cattleman's crease had some tightly pinched lines causing the weave to weaken (probably why it was at the Garland outlet to begin with), so that was the source of my apprehension. But with this crease, the tightly pinched lines are gone, which may help to preserve the weave's inregrity. And I love the look too. Thanks!

1ba43b9f19769d7851cbd886f0e02bcb.jpg

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey everyone!

Today I wore my latest creation, aWinchester rabbit. The color is Sand. 2 1/2" brim, 5 3/4" crown open, 4 3/4" as creased.
I needed some sewing practice, so I bound the brim in the same beige ribbon as the band. I still need sewing practice.
a65bfca9bfcc2bc766af3fa2c6a9b49b.jpg

Charlie, so great to catch up with you in person... thanks for posting the photo. Trying to keep the computer closed while on vacation, will add some other pictures when I return.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Joao, my vote is for the Encarnado Custom. Looks great, made in Portugal (for sure) by a Portuguese native, and I do like the Do It Yourself thing.☺
Must be almost time to make the Encarnado Extra Wide model....

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
HUGE fedora day in Hanover, New Hampshire yesterday, with a two-straw sighting! I had the distinct pleasure of meeting our own Alanfgag in the flesh for a quick walking tour of the Dartmouth campus, then a great lunch. Me: a PHD Special Reserve re-worked by Art Fawcett; Alan: a magnificent vintage parabuntal.
View attachment 31847

He's even more engaging and charming in real life!!

Very Kool!

Cariduro24

New in Town
Good morning Fedora brothers,
Today I'm wearing my 1966 The Golden Ivy League by Stetson straw combined by my brown tortoise Tumi Bolte sunglasses.

ced93ee239d4f6403cb2a1f6909fa83a.jpg

Have a blessed day!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Alive'n'Amplified

Call Me a Cab
Good morning, everyone! Lots of great hats the past few days, between the felts, straws, moderns, vintage, etc. I'm especially jealous of Alan and Charlie! Glad to see the great pic together; hope you had a great time! :yo:

Wore this Stetson 3XB yesterday; lightweight and easy...

06b9cbe6-3337-4b37-8874-06f8ee3d81d6.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Good morning, everyone! Lots of great hats the past few days, between the felts, straws, moderns, vintage, etc. I'm especially jealous of Alan and Charlie! Glad to see the great pic together; hope you had a great time! :yo:

Wore this Stetson 3XB yesterday; lightweight and easy...

06b9cbe6-3337-4b37-8874-06f8ee3d81d6.jpg

Rainy day here, so wearing my Campdraft, which seems like a lot more hat today than it did yesterday...for some reason.

View attachment 31863

everyone looks fantastic today !!

... but I am in love with these two hats ...

A'n'A I LOVE that bash

Slacker takes a CD and turns himself in to an oil tycoon

Thats so cool to meet up with a Fellow Lounger. HATSRME! Where u been...?

I've been Here... CHD8-20-2012.JPG
Our little piece of Heaven, or probably as close as I'll ever get! No internet access there, and cell coverage is spotty, but improving now. It's a forced disconnect which in today's world is extremely therapeutic.
IMG_2014.jpg IMG_2019.jpg

It was almost SURREAL to have had the opportunity to meet and get to know you a bit, Alan!

Last edited:

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Good morning Fedora brothers,
Today I'm wearing my 1966 The Golden Ivy League by Stetson straw combined by my brown tortoise Tumi Bolte sunglasses.

ced93ee239d4f6403cb2a1f6909fa83a.jpg

Have a blessed day!

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Brother I have to admit , your collection is getting bigger and nicer each day!!

Last edited:
The Trevino boys are ROCKIN' the Lounge!! Both of you gents have fully arrived, sporting some seriously sweet lids.
Thanks to all for the kind callouts, and again, thanks to Alan for being Alan. A lucky day, indeed!!

But, to get back on topic for this thread, the display of hats while we have been absent is just amazing!

All the usual suspects, as well as some newer happy faces, having hoards of haberdashery happiness!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy