Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
As David was talking about preferred colors, I have a preference for anything in the "autumn" family. I've had a few smart ladies in my life tell me that those match my skin tones better. I'm half color blind, so I lean on their wisdom.

Meanwhile, I've wanted a rust colored ribboned hat for a while now, so I picked up some vintage stock and changed out the brownish grey ribbon on my Falcon Park. I'm really enjoying the result.

56892bfa3823571e6717f217e3ed1eca.jpg

f70febaa478affc6065448de4df1aa59.jpg

f9f1300cdab4cc42e8bb14c0dd24c4bd.jpg

David that combination of color and ribbon is KILLER....

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Shantung hats here can run to several hundred (or more) dollars easily.

Funny isn't it, how we all have a hat colour we wouldn't want to wear.

For you, green, for TJ - black (or silverbelly), I'm sure everyone has their own.

Green hats just seem to work for me and I have several - a couple of Whippets, a Cavanagh, Campdraft, Buckeroo western, VS in the Stetson Weston style, the BSHW.

In my case, it's brown. I have a lot of felt hats and just one brown - a Garrison Hatters, Indy hat. Even my wife says I should avoid brown hats.

Don't know David, I don't know if I would wear a greenish hat, but more probably not buying one (well maybe one that green hat that was on classifieds because it was kind of a collectors hat and I could wear it).

Yes I know shantung hats can go high price but I wouldn't go for one at full price.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good early morning from Minnesota, USA. We are expecting temps to peak in the 90's later this afternoon. The humidity is already in the 70's. That will be uncomfortable hot. I have been up early taking our dogs for a walk and doing a couple yard chores. My Panama Hat Co. milan, purchased from a forum member, has been my hat choice for the early morning.

i-Fw7VcSk-M.jpg

i-FvZXPM7-M.jpg

i-p8TxmLR-M.jpg

A breeze off the lake made a milan an excellent choice. For me, the movement of a fine weave panama on my head in the wind is annoying.

Planning to stay as cool as possible, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Mikespens; I want to join the chorus - excellent hat. It is a masterpiece vintage parabuntal hat. I imagine it will occupy a special place on your hat rack. Enjoy wearing it sir, Eric -

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Michael, Joao, Eric, nice hats guys....and also to everyone else on this rainy Sunday morning from Central Ohio. My son and grandson stopped by for a visit yesterday. Yeah, I'm smiling in this picture. My grandson was making me laugh and my daughter snapped the picture before I could stop smiling. Won't happen again, though. I'll be more prepared next time.

A_Me_Matthew_Hayden_01_B.jpg

Late to yesterday's party. Another +1 for Mike, that parabuntal is para-beautiful.

Early yesterday had me in a Panama Bob Cuenca

IMG_0756.JPG

Then later, hanging in the back yard with a cold one, the baseball game, and some steaks on the grill with my thrift store Milan

IMG_0758.JPG

Today, as Mr. Jones has said, is another soggy Sunday in our parts of Ohio. Off to the local Minor League stadium for a Dragons game, felt or straw? Hmmmm...

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Joao, that is one cool looking hat. Did you start a thread on it somewhere?
It was posted on the new hats thread.

Michael, Joao, Eric, nice hats guys....and also to everyone else on this rainy Sunday morning from Central Ohio. My son and grandson stopped by for a visit yesterday. Yeah, I'm smiling in this picture. My grandson was making me laugh and my daughter snapped the picture before I could stop smiling. Won't happen again, though. I'll be more prepared next time.
Sorry this picture will be remembered for ever.
Nice picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran