Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, serge and hats. The crown is 5.5" when open. I have a c-crown in it.

Dalton Sage 9.jpg Dalton Sage 10.jpg

Dave, that D'Aquino is wonderful. You chose...wisely.
Knotten, wonderful VS. Now that has to be a 6" open crown! You can see the depths of the bash. Beautiful color, too.
I'm not a cap person, Greg,but you rock them.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Fantastically fine Fawcett Friday for me, Folks (Can't say "fellas," in the event that Esther posts...!)

You can say fellas!
I have this thing to go to that required me to tame the haystack :D so no hat for me today with the updo.

Is that just me or do you guys also get cold heads?

You've got some great hats, hatsRme!
And I just go aww every time i see a picture of your laugh/smirk.

Fruno! Great as usual. Those shirts are fun for sure!

Dave: super combo! I love grey and red together. Very classy!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Thanks, Esther! I don't keep enough hair on my head for an updo, but there was a day...

It's been so long since I've been out of the house without a hat, I think it'd be cold even in the summer!

Thank you, Esther! That smirk has caused me some trouble, though... :D

And to follow up and steal from another thread, here is Moontheloon's post of himself with his very FIRST fedora.
0336dfb29154b80398323879577dd057b.jpg

I HAD to do that!
Here's the original...
0336dfb29154b80398323879577dd057.jpg

At the expense of our friend, a great vintage shot! Thank you Moon!!!

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Late submission today. Was supposed to go to a Daddy/Daughter retreat with my oldest, but some extracurricular activities got in the way and prevented her from being able to go.
Spending my day doing more yard work and taking out a dogwood tree that decided to go tango uniform.

2b9bcc8ccf9341407ea17027d14c60ff.jpg

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Fantastically fine Fawcett Friday for me, Folks (Can't say "fellas," in the event that Esther posts...!)
Wearing my VS whiskey full proportion

Serge You have mastered the Hollywood brim, Bud! (I really like those)

Me too. Great fan of the Hollywood brim. It took a bit of effort to make this hat conform.

That whisky VS is magnificent, both in shape and color!

Trevi007

One of the Regulars
Hello Lady and Gentlemen! It's a beautiful thing to see such a great display of hats from all sizes and shapes, my compliments to every single one of you.

hatsRme ..... Wow that whisky have me thinking, Great masterpiece Sir!
Me, Vintage Knox Premier Brown w back bow...
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Off to a business meeting with a producer... And of course I'm wearing the Penman

afd4000acefe416a64ade348ff8d69a8.jpg

213c19f717d7b065064c04e6cf910e67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeyMoe

Practically Family
Wearing an ePay buy that is new to me.

Emerson fedora in medium gray. I have posted previosly that I am not a thin band fan, however with this lid, it seems to work very well!

Not sure of age, but I do know that Mallory Hats used to own Emerson and when Stetson bought Mallory in 1949 the first to go was Emerson Hats.

image.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Wearing an ePay buy that is new to me.

Emerson fedora in medium gray. I have posted previosly that I am not a thin band fan, however with this lid, it seems to work very well!

Not sure of age, but I do know that Mallory Hats used to own Emerson and when Stetson bought Mallory in 1949 the first to go was Emerson Hats.

View attachment 34806

fantastic look on you

Gunship

New in Town
Moon --- Just happened to be cruising the pages when I saw your latest post. And wouldn't you know it, playing in the background was ZZ Top "Sharp Dressed Man". Couldn't be more appropriate!

AndyR

One of the Regulars
Moon...great hat (love the tight pinches) and terrific picture (the last one). I wish my beard had stayed as dark as yours, but I went suddenly and amazingly white over the last few years. I just tell people that I climbed the mountain and saw the burning bush. :)

Andy

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Hey all!
Nice lids today.
I re-bound the brim on No. 6 last night in a color similar to the navy felt. It came out a little better than the last one, but I think I need just a little more tension on the ribbon to make the edges straighter.

e7509df92f747ff65fc13da2b5fa3ffc.jpg

It's a little easier to look at with less of that atomic blue blast, but harder to see when stitching, especially with my bad eyes. Hopefully the next ribbon will be perfect.

Have a great day!

APP Adrian

A-List Customer
Hey all!
Nice lids today.
I re-bound the brim on No. 6 last night in a color similar to the navy felt. It came out a little better than the last one, but I think I need just a little more tension on the ribbon to make the edges straighter.

e7509df92f747ff65fc13da2b5fa3ffc.jpg

It's a little easier to look at with less of that atomic blue blast, but harder to see when stitching, especially with my bad eyes. Hopefully the next ribbon will be perfect.

Have a great day!

Nice hat!

Moe, I applaud you for tackling the brim binding. Looks good - it seems it would take an experienced hand to get it right.

Last night, I switched off the Dalton I wore to work and took the Silverbelly CD to The Great Darke County Fair. Crappy selfie, sorry.

IMG_1150.JPG

French fries and sausages and funnel cakes, oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran