Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
A salute to the smashing selection of sartoral smartness!
I think I just sprained an alliteral...:(

Another warm one, although not as bad as the last few. Wearing my Homero Ortega Panama.

d128159293fb6ae3b5f6521b7d55a4f3.jpg

Have a good evening, everyone.

Last edited:

TPD166

One Too Many
Thanks - yours looks great. I couldn't figure out what to do with all that crown (my other one has a Gus crease) - but was inspired by the old Miller Stockman catalogs posted on TFL.

You have inspired me to re bash my Bushman with a cattlemans crease.

I'm really digging it... Thanks for the inspiration

9bccb8c7bbb3792ab711ec45c1c3b68a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Great looking display of lids everyone.

Just had an idea. Last week I ordered a pair of prescription safety glasses from work via the on site "Eyelation" computer. It takes a photo of you and then gives you the option of choosing from different styles of eyewear to put on the picture of yourself. This way you can see how you would look in a certain style of glasses before you bought them....I've seen some who have had Indiana Jones Raiders hats custom made only to be disappointed at how they looked in one after they received it.

Through the magic of photo editing and selfie I can see how I would look wearing John Wayne's Liberty Valance hat before I shelled out money to have one custom made, i.e.

A_Me_wearing_John_Wayne_LV_Hat.jpg

or, Indy's TOD hat...

A_Me_wearing_TOD_hat.jpg

or, Indy Jones' Raider's Hat...

A_Me_wearing_Indy_raider_hat.jpg

Y'know, T Jones, prior to joining this forum and getting into hats, I had never noticed that Indy's hats changed with the movies. I had always assumed it was the same hat (which was reinforced by seeing him wear a similar one in the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles).

Great Strat, S4C. Someday, maybe one will sit on my head. But until then, I've got others. I put my SBCD back on today in anticipation of some storms today.

IMG_1292.JPG

foamy

A-List Customer
Friday. My first stab at blocking—before I found this site. When I bought this hat it was advertised as an unblocked Cuenca. What they didn't say was that it had no sweatband. The missus cut one off of a bucket hat and sewed it in along with the horse hair band. She's pretty handy with a needle and thread. This is my "beater." Tassels on the back.

Attachments

• hat.jpg
    hat.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Cuenca 2.jpg
    Cuenca 2.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Perry that Stetson is GREAT, but the shirt is really VERY special! Talk about a mix of moods, man...!

HARV!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, another wicked wonderful wide wibbon! Fantastic!!

Foamy your Cuenca ended up PERFECTLY! Mrs. Foamy really has you in stitches.... Super lid!!

Fruno no storm is a match for your SBCD. Well chosen, looks great!!

S4C that Strat is "where it's at!" Classic!!

Terry you are a master of manipulation, Man! Great lids, super comparison.

Yesterday was a wonder of hats from around the world! I know there were more, but the real world beckons. I hate the Real World...

This morning, a rainy Fawcett Friday, wearing a VS Steel in mid-century proportions. My first Fawcett!
DSC01014.jpg DSC01013.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24