Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've got some Great Hats Jack ! Have you ever been to Luling ? The Houston side of San Anton ? Several miles .

Michael, thanks for the compliment on my hats but you look pretty sharp yourself in that Cornhill Strat you posted. With all you have on order I look forward to your pictures as your hats come in. In the meantime you can post some of your Westerns; some of us will enjoy those too.

I've never been to Luling, TX. You the mayor?

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Michael, thanks for the compliment on my hats but you look pretty sharp yourself in that Cornhill Strat you posted. With all you have on order I look forward to your pictures as your hats come in. In the meantime you can post some of your Westerns; some of us will enjoy those too.

I've never been to Luling, TX. You the mayor?

Thanks HJ ! Only really one western didn't disappear (stepson or his friends , or somebody !) (bums) . No should I run ? : ) Friends lived there for years , I used to go hang out , hit San Marcus , Gruene , etc. , eat Fajitas , and drink Lone Star till the cows came home . Well they were already home when we got there . Just wondering . Drive Friendly ... .

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Resistol kitten finish again today.
Old handpainted tie and a Lucky Strike to top off my look today.
2016-05-16 15.39.53.jpg

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Resistol kitten finish again today.
Old handpainted tie and a Lucky Strike to top off my look today.
View attachment 49869

love everything about this pick but the cig .... absolutely none of my business and I'm all for everyone doing their thing 100%... but I'd love to see you lose the smokes while you are still a young man

your look doesn't need a cigarette

great hat my friend

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I thought if you were the mayor of that little town then maybe a bunch of us could come down, Chamuco could come up, & you could convince all the barkeeps that drinks were on the house cause we were the Wild Bunch.

That sounds like a SUPER Idea ! Maybe I should run ! The FL Luling TX Hatothon Super Party ! Chamuco would be just starting when I was long gone . I gave it up long ago . Sounds like a Plan though .

Wesslyn

Practically Family
Looking up to (and maybe beyond) par today, Wess!! You always use Lucky Strikes for the look, or would you be open to King Edwards, too?

EDIT: As I typed, Moon typed faster (easy to do). I agree, and that's why the King Edward question.
I smoke Camels 90% of the time. I definitely should cut down on smoking, but I rather enjoy it.
Plus it keeps me from physically attacking people ha

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I smoke Camels 90% of the time. I definitely should cut down on smoking, but I rather enjoy it.
Plus it keeps me from physically attacking people ha

I used to smoke Camels , ... Try Pipes , they're cool , taste good , and you don't inhale . Classy (I think) , check out Cary Grant , even Stevie Ray Vaughn was a Pipe Smoker ! Ginger Baker of Cream still is .

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for all of the kind words about the Game Bird.

Sadly, it is going to have to spend some quality time on the stretcher to get it just right. It is a 7 and I need a 7 1/4. I sent it to Bob at Black Sheep, with the idea of maybe re-blocking it to upsize it. Unfortunately, I'd lose the original sweat so I got cold feet. I decided that it would be a crime to replace the original parts.

I know that a two size stretch can be a tough proposition, but with lots of patience I had good luck with my C&K homburg that came to me as a 7. So, I've got my fingers crossed.

It looks to me like they had an array of crazy Game Bird colors. While the ad below is from the thirties (while Brad Bowers believes mine to be from the forties), it looks like they had great selection. So Moe, I bet that your mallard colored one is out there waiting for you somewhere.
7c7f7bb4c19f67938c8cf6c38ebee8ab.jpg
Well, looks like I'd better get quackin' if I'm gonna find one!
good luck on the 2 size stretch, I've done it before on a 60's Dobbs, ended up popping a couple of stitches on the sweatband seam, but they were already loose before I started.

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
love everything about this pick but the cig .... absolutely none of my business and I'm all for everyone doing their thing 100%... but I'd love to see you lose the smokes while you are still a young man

your look doesn't need a cigarette

great hat my friend
Indeed @Wesslyn ditch the cigarette and go get a cigar !!!!

No joke, I used to smoke a lot, quit, changed for 2 cigars a week... Safer, not perfect but healthier !!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Chamuco

I'll Lock Up
I used to smoke Camels , ... Try Pipes , they're cool , taste good , and you don't inhale . Classy (I think) , check out Cary Grant , even Stevie Ray Vaughn was a Pipe Smoker ! Ginger Baker of Cream still is .
Camels,,,,,used to be my choice too, now because of you I am felling like smoking one, just one !!! Ja ja,ja

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR