Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Happy Aloha Friday!
Wearing this Hawai'ian shirt and a Panamoe.

0bab0d9c6891afa13af46c9e0f7fc559.jpg
675a34e50a0b634b0c4d379020c154ce.jpg
3e201e3cb26f53a233c1c5e68d427b0f.jpg

That's my "you mess with one Aloha Gangster, you get the whole Luau" face.
Have a great day! :)

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Too hot again today for much hat wearing. Not as bad as the heat index of 123 yesterday fortunately. I had a cotton flat cap on earlier for biking and now I'm getting some pictures of this Stetson Mallory while I decide what I might want to do with it.
P1190172 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
So far I've just been cleaning it up, now is about to the deciding stage, any suggestions?
Mallory by Stetson Fur Felt Hat by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Too hot again tomorrow
7-22-2016 Today's Clothes by Michael A2012, on Flickr

Everyone is looking spiffy today.

Michael

Too hot again today for much hat wearing. Not as bad as the heat index of 123 yesterday fortunately. I had a cotton flat cap on earlier for biking and now I'm getting some pictures of this Stetson Mallory while I decide what I might want to do with it...So far I've just been cleaning it up, now is about to the deciding stage, any suggestions?
I like the crease and brim shape as it is. If it were mine I'd put a thin leather band, a horsehair band, or a beaded band with a Native American design where the ribbon would go, and call it done.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bdcac34653758e7532a6efd006d28cce.jpg

Atwood Nevada. I'm still not entirely happy with the shape, and I wish the crown was about 1" taller. Decent hat though. I'll tweak the brim a little more later.
Sunbody Hats has a couple of versions of that hat in straw, and I think I've seen them with the brim binding. You could ask them about it. It has a 4" ventilated crown. I"m a big fan of theirs because they're sturdy straws, particularly good for outside work, etc.

Last edited:

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Atwood makes some Really Nice Hats , I think they (he) actually came up with Bangora Straw Hats , but I may be dreaming that up . Its a little low for my bone head , but a little Higher I might could Wear It . I like the Vaquero Style (Vaquero/Buckaroo transliteration) . I've seen all kinds of Hats shaped like that , even with taller Crowns and shorter Brims . But they make em work , and look great .

bdcac34653758e7532a6efd006d28cce.jpg

Atwood Nevada. I'm still not entirely happy with the shape, and I wish the crown was about 1" taller. Decent hat though. I'll tweak the brim a little more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner