Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Fed IV today.

f1f5add44a34c0dcf1bba02502400330.jpg

0acad656234d41371610d0b8d1c958c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super pics every day! Nice Fed IV!

PapaDoc

New in Town
Fed IV today.

f1f5add44a34c0dcf1bba02502400330.jpg

0acad656234d41371610d0b8d1c958c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fed IV looks great on you. My first Fed IV arrived yesterday evening. I have not opened the box yet, must not show too much excitement. I noticed a distinct asymmetry in the level of my wife's eyebrows when the box arrived. I think my family might be planning an intervention concerning this addiction I have acquired.

It is a color I need. Looks fantastic and a Whippet to boot.

Michael

Thank you. Borsalino has/had a color called "Bismuto" that this has been compared to. I think this is mo' green than that, but I haven't seen one of the Borsas in person.

love that hat Jim

so rugged and beautifully elegant at the very same time ... my absolute favorite character combination in a hat

Thank you, my friend. Half the time, I'm afraid to wear this thing out of the house, what with the way Whippet prices have taken off. I need to wear it more often, though. It's really comfortable, and obviously has "the look."

Very nice!

I took ownership of a Penney's Marathon yesterday (need new pics) and it looks something like a Whippet. Mine is a real dark brown with a somewhat dark gun metal grey ribbon and brim binding.

The style was and is still very popular. Wide-ish ribbon, straight high crown, fairly wide brim binding. All the elements of Clark Kent's hat. When I first got this, I walked into my local hatter wearing it, only to have one of the sales ladies literally stop dead in her tracks, look at me, and say, "What is that?"

Good stroke for my ego, don'tcha know!

Last Crusaders, the 3rd (?) Indiana Jones movie.

My Everyman is creased like the CS, or Crystal Skull/Indy 4 movie.

OK, thanks. I thought it might have something to do with Indy. Doing so much work as I do for the USAF, there's an area in my head that is just a swirling mishmash of acronyms!

Fed IV looks great on you. My first Fed IV arrived yesterday evening. I have not opened the box yet, must not show too much excitement. I noticed a distinct asymmetry in the level of my wife's eyebrows when the box arrived. I think my family might be planning an intervention concerning this addiction I have acquired.

We've got your back, Papa!

And to our missing compadres, Charlie and Alan, when you turn the machines back on after sundown, and come to the FL to look at hats, I want to wish you a very blessed Yom Kippur today. G'mar Tov.

A pre-war Barbisio made from nutria felt.

101216_1.jpg

101216_3.jpg

101216_2.jpg

I often reach for this hat to wear to synagogue. It has a compact form which makes me less self conscious about blocking the view of the person sitting behind me. And also because it is a Bulgarian survivor of WWII. Quite a few of these survivors have turned up for sale in recent years. Most often when I hear of Bulgaria I think of the two young souls that Rick helps out at the gaming table in Casablanca. This morning I learned that 45,000 Jews in Bulgaria survived the holocaust through Tsar Boris' non-compliance with German requests to deport them to concentration camps.

To those of you who are fasting today, may it be easy and meaningful.

I often reach for this hat to wear to synagogue. It has a compact form which makes me less self conscious about blocking the view of the person sitting behind me. And also because it is a Bulgarian survivor of WWII. Quite a few of these survivors have turned up for sale in recent years. Most often when I hear of Bulgaria I think of the two young souls that Rick helps out at the gaming table in Casablanca. This morning I learned that 45,000 Jews in Bulgaria survived the holocaust through Tsar Boris' non-compliance with German requests to deport them to concentration camps.

The hat's great, but I couldn't resist commenting on the colorful tie. I like it!

101216_1.jpg

101216_3.jpg

101216_2.jpg

A special hat, for sure.
You look great, Alan.

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab

101216_1.jpg

101216_3.jpg

101216_2.jpg

Beautiful Alan ! Blessings on this Solemn and Holy Day . Shalom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran