Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doc didn't quite recall our last appt and the brown Everyman. We were about finished when he asked to do some muscle/reactive tests on my arm, so I transferred the pecan NW Hats to my other hand. That's when he mentioned, "I wear fedoras, too. It makes good sense, if you think about it." Well, that got us going on hats. I said I noticed that he had looked over at my hat a couple times during my last visit and he said, "oh, did I?" I went right into "this is a different hat. I actually ordered it from Mike Miller in celebration of my visit with the surgeon who recommended (as you did) to just take MRI's semi-annually and blood tests annually."

Dr: Who?
Me: Mike Miller of NW Hat Company in Eugene.
Dr: So this is custom made?
Me: Yes, fits like a glove, excellent hand...
Dr: I can see it's a quality piece...is that a leather sweatband?
Me: Yes, and satin liner, 100% beaver felt... all for $250.
Dr: (Incredulously) $250??? That's an incredible price.
Me: Yes, I think so too. (A bit about Red's 1942 Rose Bowl hat, which influenced my decision to go with pecan felt).
Dr: Tell me the shop name one more time
Me: NW Hats, or NW Hat Company.
Dr: Got it.

As he finished up summarizing things I pulled Mike's card from my wallet and handed it to him. He looked on the card at the 2 styles of hats, and said "so he can make either style?"

Me: He can make anything you want. He converted my old western hat into an Outback style I plan to use when hiking and fishing.
Dr: Excellent.

Anyway, it was a great checkup and a great chat about hats in general and my pecan NW Hats fedora. According to his nurse, he wears hats all the time so chatting about hats was sure to come up. What a fun afternoon. Clean bill of health, lunch with Mrs Fed, stopped in to see a friend whose husband passed away recently and a leisurely drive home... without clouds and rain!!! :cool::):p:D:cool:
I'm really happy for you Fed! I think this Dr will go out of his way to give a fellow hat enthusiast the best care. Good call on turning him onto Mike.

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
This Stagecoach in the morning
20161101.jpg

Later to take my mother to visit her old friend, the Mackey but forgot to take a picture... -.-'

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
I see so many great lids out here! I'd love to comment on each and every one individually, but at the moment I just don't have the time. I'm afraid you 'll have to do with the more impersonal 'like' [emoji20]

This is me today. Hat tilted back, dangerously close to hipster territory!

d330e6742c3fbed6b5563d5cd66d6f9f.jpg

62df5fa6e4c1c02c43b7acae20e363d0.jpg

3b52dd42a28f39e5cb6c765a2e03b13c.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

I see so many great lids out here! I'd love to comment on each and every one individually, but at the moment I just don't have the time. I'm afraid you 'll have to do with the more impersonal 'like' [emoji20]

Looking good, Serge! Be careful with that hipster thing. ;)
I think you have a Tom Baker Dr. Who vibe going on today. Nice!!

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up

d330e6742c3fbed6b5563d5cd66d6f9f.jpg

62df5fa6e4c1c02c43b7acae20e363d0.jpg

That's fantastic! Don't worry, you're still a few steps away from hipster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran