Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have done it, and done it WELL, GHT!! To date, my favorite ensemble of yours, sir.
Such a compliment, thank you. Have to own up though, Tina made the bow tie from some fabric left over after making this shirt:
aloha 035.JPG

Xylophile

One of the Regulars
There is a plethora of threads on here about resizing/stretching your hat. I had Mike at NW Hats trace my pattern he uses for my custom hats and I'm making my own hat former. I'm a LO so a regular hat jack needs to be trimmed down on the sides. My other plan is to create a wooden form from this custom pattern to keep my hats at that perfect fit. Think I'll post my progress on this idea, it is promising. Art at VS can make one as well, don't know about pricing.
I just finished my first project along these lines, wherein I fit a new RM Williams to my egg-shaped head using an altered hatshaper product and a block of wood the shape of my head. I discovered I'm right at size 58 (after following advice to go up a size with my first felt hat, BGCD, and not liking the effects of shimming it out so much). I was sure the RM would be too tight after trying it on out of the box. I just kept doing what seemed to be the right thing at the time, and now the RM is open crown with a head-shaped fit, and the brim has flange, nearly the way I want it. It was quite an interesting and rewarding process with its share of problems, and it turned out just fine, didn't take that long either! I believe there are some limitations we long heads are going to have (such as brim distortion and taper) that seem to need a custom hat to really conquer.

Absolutely gorgeous hat!
Thanks!

This Huckel made my day!
Grandi complimenti Steve!

Daniele, Thanks! I actually forgot about this one.

What does the bright sun do to this hat? That crown is sky high! Love this one, but actually, all of the hats you share are exceptional!

Thanks! Sorry I should have gotten more light on it. The photo doesn't show the color very well.

Agree - this is a super hat. Daniele and Steve, it's great how you guys ( and Manfred) show us so many great European hats that we'd never see otherwise.
Cheers!
David - 21st Century Man

David, Thanks! I really appreciate your kind words. Also props to Robert (RLK) for his great Euro collection.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
May I ask what movie?
I know quite a bit about this time in history. One of my interests.
I have delved into my family's stories and have been fortunate to have found out as much as I have.
It has always been something one did not talk about.
My family has been through a lot, as have all other here around my part of the world during that period in time.

Late entry today.
12f651796c86383df2af7baeff4bd41e.jpg
You look great in that hat, Esther!

The movie I was talking about above was Black Book from 2006, directed by Paul Verhoeven. I can certainly understand why it wouldn't be talked about much. The movie portrayed the deep feelings between the characters, including the Nazis, those forced to work with the Nazis and those just trying to survive the whole mess. Of course, everyone involved was trying to survive, too, I imagine.

A second movie I watched was Riphangen - The Untouchable, about a gangster, "Jew Hunter," in Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW