Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A rather dreary day on which I get to work from home. Quick and rather blurry shot of today's Stratoliner.

152a47f13b64720d06994f7fb43ab513.jpg
c0214f830c3375564b8df88e5c2cac70.jpg
I live vicariously through all these beautiful Stratoliners that show up here. Great hat, love the color.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
The excellence of hats here continues, and may have even spiked today!

Quick late night holla following a great day with surgery at 7:30 am, then home by 12:05 pm; everything went well. All still a miracle to me; orthoscopic rotator repair.

From the files, I wore an Artlite stingy in sahara.
So glad to hear it went well. Here's to your continued fast recovery! (Nice VS, BTW)

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up
Yippiee!! Discovered the multiquote tool... love it!

Thank you Redfokker, I'm sure there's still hope for your wife! ;)
The Spanish Hat Makers and Milliners Association does an event every year in Madrid at the Fashion Museum where there are lots of hats and people just get to try them on and "play" with them, with professionals next to them to give the right advice, people go nuts... we need more events like that worldwide, it's the only way to get people hooked on hats because people have simply lost the habit of wearing them and often don't know how to go about it. That's the only way for them to find out that there is a hat that looks great on them... some people are easy and anything looks good on them but for others it's trickier, but there is always a hat that's right for a person. Some pics of that event: https://www.flickr.com/photos/32756983@N02/albums/72157674821433112

That's really fantastic. I'd love to attend an event like that.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Another rainy day here.

Royal DeLuxe Stetson that started its life as a homburg. The Lounge's own Bond fedora-ized this'n.

This hat makes me want to go to a jazz club, sit back and while away the hours listening to great music. Sadly, work beckons.
03d91044f4c51eef7795a3419a6b7753.jpg
View attachment 61900 View attachment 61901 View attachment 61902 View attachment 61903 View attachment 61904 View attachment 61905

Happy Tuesday.

How would you describe the color of this beauty? I'm wondering if it's the same as my misty gray St. Regis...

I think this will be a more than one hat day. First I wanted to see what this Mallory (Stetson) I've been slowly working on looks like.

Michael -- the hat is looking good, but that jacket is amazing! I'm guessing it is deerskin. Was it a local maker (or out of Wisconsin where there seemed to be so many small tanneries)? I have a couple of these (one is my wife's Granddad's), but have put on too much weight to wear them.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Michael -- the hat is looking good, but that jacket is amazing! I'm guessing it is deerskin. Was it a local maker (or out of Wisconsin where there seemed to be so many small tanneries)? I have a couple of these (one is my wife's Granddad's), but have put on too much weight to wear them.
Thanks Bob. Yes, the jacket is deerskin and came out of Wisconsin. Mid Western Sport Togs, Berlin, WI. I think they went out of business in the 70s or 80s. My feel for this one is 60s. Just a satin lining so not quite warm enough on it's own for today's brisk winds and accompanying windchills.

Michael

sulla

One of the Regulars
Two great hats today! I like that style of soft cap. I have a haberdasher that calls this style an "Ivy Cap", has anyone ever heard of this name?

Thanks!

Posted in a link by John Pennman the other day.

"The Ivy cap, or flat cap, is similar to the newsboy, only without the floppy 8 panels and the button on top. This style, which traces its history from Southern Italy, Northern England, and parts of Scotland, also wins the awards for the most names. It is also referred to as a cabbie cap, longshoreman’s cap, cloth cap, scally cap, Wigens cap, ivy cap, golf cap, duffer cap, driving cap, bicycle cap, Jeff cap, Steve cap, Irish cap, Paddy cap…in Scotland as a bunnet, in Wales as a Dai cap, and in England and New Zealand, as a cheese-cutter."

http://articlesofstyle.com/60664/a-guide-to-mens-hat-styles/

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Falcon Park refurb by BSHW

073ee0c5bf6cff8ec92bfaf6d386c3a4.jpg

abdb2c416dff763512bedd746f9b9efe.jpg
Great looking refurb Harv. Some nice leather too.

A rather dreary day on which I get to work from home. Quick and rather blurry shot of today's Stratoliner.

152a47f13b64720d06994f7fb43ab513.jpg
c0214f830c3375564b8df88e5c2cac70.jpg
Nice Strat. Do you wear a hat in your home office?

I love that felt and ribbon combo.

Another rainy day here.

Royal DeLuxe Stetson that started its life as a homburg. The Lounge's own Bond fedora-ized this'n.

This hat makes me want to go to a jazz club, sit back and while away the hours listening to great music. Sadly, work beckons.
View attachment 61900 View attachment 61901 View attachment 61902 View attachment 61903 View attachment 61904 View attachment 61905

Happy Tuesday.
Great looking hat Matt. That is a conversion that had flown under my radar. Would be nice if it was reversible.

Mossant hat from the late sixties made in France
f2jacm.jpg

Color is "chinè orage" (storm heather)
33lcazc.jpg

Lievre (hare) in medium heather grey felt very soft
k3688h.jpg

We often talk of felt and its colors
ouxqax.jpg

These are the shades that a magnificent felt, finished in a medium-haired, produces in the shade or in the sun
n5mwz8.jpg

Thanks for the likes on the "modern" Tirard of yesterday
Beautiful heathering in that felt. How wide is the brim? Does the crown accept shaping or is it too soft to hold?

The Akubra Fed got me to work today. Inside the building I've defaulted to my driving cap (custom made by Hats with a past.)
31314601082_295ff8694a_o.jpg

30652210033_0af1b1f903_o.jpg
Both nice, but I like that cap a lot.

Michael

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Quick late night holla following a great day with surgery at 7:30 am, then home by 12:05 pm; everything went well. All still a miracle to me; orthoscopic rotator repair.

From the files, I wore an Artlite stingy in sahara.
Glad to hear it Charlie! Speedy recovery!

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up

Coraggio Carletto! Ti aspettiamo al più presto in forma più che mai ;)

Thank you Redfokker, I'm sure there's still hope for your wife! ;)
The Spanish Hat Makers and Milliners Association does an event every year in Madrid at the Fashion Museum where there are lots of hats and people just get to try them on and "play" with them, with professionals next to them to give the right advice, people go nuts... we need more events like that worldwide, it's the only way to get people hooked on hats because people have simply lost the habit of wearing them and often don't know how to go about it. That's the only way for them to find out that there is a hat that looks great on them... some people are easy and anything looks good on them but for others it's trickier, but there is always a hat that's right for a person. Some pics of that event: https://www.flickr.com/photos/32756983@N02/albums/72157674821433112
Cristina the gathering in Madrid is really a good event to improve the hats use
The pictures speak for themselves. Bravissimi

Falcon Park refurb by BSHW

073ee0c5bf6cff8ec92bfaf6d386c3a4.jpg
Harv you put me in the corner to envy these hats (Wellema and some others) so neat, agreeable and beautiful

I like the hat, but I feel it is better when it had its own face

Another great hat with a special finish! It dances in the light. I would love to feel that felt, looks so luxurious.
Thanks Red! These types of felts are among my favourite

Beautiful heathering in that felt. How wide is the brim? Does the crown accept shaping or is it too soft to hold?
Michael your jacket is fantastic! The Mallory needs more work.
The Mossant brim are the standard for the EU hats of that era: 5 centimetres. The crown will accept shaping, it holds the form. I have a special feeling with the felts no plain or "shaved"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR