Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
Starting the week under the '50s Crofut & Knapp Forty with the guild edge. View attachment 65269 View attachment 65270 View attachment 65271 View attachment 65272 View attachment 65273 View attachment 65274

Caught the crud from somewhere. Gonna drug myself... Crawl under my desk, now...

Happy Monday. Hope that it's crud-free.
Dr. moe prescribes 3-5 oz leather-buffered fur felt adminstered cranially several times per day for the duration of the bug.
Nice hat. Hope you feel better soon.

Rogera

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wormser today, thanks to a trade with rclark. Not sure I'll keep the cattleman crease, but the hat fits perfectly. Thanks, Rick!

aacfaf365b726eb203750cf663eae2f3.jpg
fd0e51db592e764c0f5d727865dc7343.jpg
Keep the cattleman's crease. It looks good!

Hey all!
Spent a lazy afternoon trying to make a Sears hat look different than it's Montgomery Ward twin by changing the ribbon and bow to one inspired by a J. C. Penney hat.
Pilgrim, customized.

7e7fa9155e5bf3bce7a82aefe0aabbfc.jpg

I went from a 1" ribbon to a 1 1/2", with a bow inspired by my 20's Marathon. Might get some minor tweaking before all is said and done.
Have a great day!

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.

Nice reproduction, moe.

Resistol Beaver 25. This is one of two I have but some verdigris had nearly destroyed the hat before I got it. I was able to salvage the sweat but the ribbon and wind trolley were rotted. Decided to go with a contrasting setup I got from Scott. The boots, mid 60's TL's I snuck in for Mr. Hemingway.
View attachment 65329 View attachment 65330
Of course, we get to see the fantastic boots! That hat looks pristine for all of the issues you mentioned. What did they do for the verdigris green slime? Great hat Greg!

It was freezing cold when I left the house to go to the doctor's this morning, so I stuck with the furry hat as I didn't want my ears to freeze off. I did switch to this borsalino at some point later on, but my ears didn't agree with that decision...

View attachment 65333
Hope everything went well with the Doctor. Love the color and lines on that great Borsalino.

Hey all!
Spent a lazy afternoon trying to make a Sears hat look different than it's Montgomery Ward twin by changing the ribbon and bow to one inspired by a J. C. Penney hat.
Pilgrim, customized.

7ffc829f53ae23ecd8459074d89bf2fd.jpg
c5218f85777c635be23e4127bb392d61.jpg
3cebced994713a23b9c6aeb2ee81966c.jpg
7e7fa9155e5bf3bce7a82aefe0aabbfc.jpg

I went from a 1" ribbon to a 1 1/2", with a bow inspired by my 20's Marathon. Might get some minor tweaking before all is said and done.
Have a great day!

Sent from thin air using electricity and other wizardry.
I liked them all before, but this new ribbon really sets this hat off in a new direction! Is it black or dark blue? I like how the ends of the bow are the focus. Nice job Moe!!

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Did the rain freeze on that Gun Club? I like the vest with that jacket. Glad you are feeling a little better.
I think it almost froze on the hat. It certainly did on my driveway and car. The vest, coat and pants are all Filson. I'm glad I'm feeling a little better too. ha ha.

I'm glad you seem to be recovering from the flu. Keep yourself warm & dry - and keep postimg your great pictures of course
Thanks Celia. I am hoping that in a couple of days I should be done with it. And I have recovered enough to be able to peruse the fine hat collection here.

Thanks,
Michael

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
I liked them all before, but this new ribbon really sets this hat off in a new direction! Is it black or dark blue? I like how the ends of the bow are the focus. Nice job Moe!!
Thanks Red!
It is black vintage ribbon that I scored recently at the same thrift store where I found the hats. The lady that sorts the craft and sewing supplies sets aside any ribbon that looks like the good stuff for me.:)
I think the whole thing came out pretty decent for my first try replicating the style. Other than my Marathon, I'd never seen this bow treatment before.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I've always liked the Alessandria but thought the smaller (2 1/2") brim didn't suit it. Your hat is something of a revelation to me, as it just looks "right." When and why did they switch to the smaller brim? Your hat was a great find: in fact, I'll keep it in mind for my next custom.
Thanks! Didn't know they switched brim sizes Bob. Delmonico shows 2 and 3/4 inches. This was purchased at Bencraft in the early 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy