Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremiah

A-List Customer
image.jpeg
Penman custom
Love this hat. John did a terrific job building it.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Cold and windy with fresh snow. A vintage P&J Haggarts cap fit the conditions.
P1230193 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Made by what was then a small shop in Aberfeldy Scotland.
P1230194 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Lots of fine hats again today.
P1230198 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
P1230190 crop by Michael A2012, on Flickr
Enjoy. I'm in the house for the day I think.

Michael

Fabulous outfit again, Michael! Love the sweater, but the boots... are they "Acton" Thermos? They look very much like a pair I have, purchased new circa 1980. If they are, they're temperature-rated down to -103 degrees Farenheit. That's frosty, but not recommended.

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Charlie. The sweater is interesting in that it has a grain side out leather front that is slitted and then woven with strips of the same leather suede side out. Made by a company called Valdostico in Spain, though I think the company is Italian. The boots are vintage Chippewa pac boots with a wool felt liner. Probably about the same vintage as your Acton. Personally I wouldn't want to take them much below -35 F. The coldest I've been in was -55 F and I can tell you that strange things start to happen around that temperature.

Michael

Michael A

I'll Lock Up
No wind, and -55 F? That IS chilly. I've been in -46F, and you are right about "things starting to happen." Or NOT happen, either. Remember the Die Hard battery commercial?
Stay warm, sir!!
Yeah, no wind. That was one very cold winter when I was living south of Superior WI. We had to bring the car battery into the house every night. And I we couldn't park close enough to plug the car in so it was a roll of toilet paper soaked in fuel oil in a bean can that warmed up the oil enough to turn the car over. Fun times. Ha ha. I'm glad I was young then.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy