Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueAZNmonkey

One Too Many
Nice hats this AM, everyone! Today: D'Aquino:

17098183_10103103621460118_616389455554976492_n.jpg

Thanks for the "Likes" and comments this morning on my Dobbs Cross Country. I know other Fed.Loungers have like hats. This light weight hat is a fav of mine.

i-zcKKbZC-M.jpg

I do not know about Hankachif felt. The Dobbs Cross Country must be similar to your hat of the same name/model. The felt is very thin and malleable. The hat is truly one of my favorites to wear. Light and classy. I could easily wear this hat to an early death. I have read and re-read the comparison that Alan published on the Comparision thread about light weights and continue to seek such light weights that would reside at my house.

Not yet - as far as I can tell. Weather has been annoyingly variable this past couple of years. A stable cold temp is way easier to handle than the 40's then teens, rain then snow current trend. I may be the one you do not wish to talk to about weather as I enjoy the winter. Not the really cold temps, but the "normal" winter in Minnesota is my idea of enjoyable. As to wearing a light weight hat - I just enjoy wearing this hat. Indulgence on my part.

Top of the morning to all, Eric -

The two Dobbs I lucked into a few months ago are the only ones I have. Both are OPS-era and very lightweight felt. The CC is insanely light and malleable. They are indeed great hats. Yours is wonderful.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

rclark

Call Me a Cab
Good morning. This morning I have been enjoying my vtg. Dobbs Cross Country fedora.

i-V47dXJb-M.jpg

i-XJSj3BB-M.jpg

Best, Eric -

Eric, that CC is just perfect. Awesomeness in every way. Love it!
Bright and sunny this morning. wearing my early '40's Disney. Seemed like a good day for a greenish hat with purple -ish ribbon!
View attachment 68877 View attachment 68878

Robert, that Disney is out of this world fantastic! Especially love the colors. Great to see you!

Out for some morning errands. My modern sage green Strat with it's new Lockheed Constellation pin gets the nod. I picked up the Connie pin off the bay. This hat has been in the rotation a lot over the past couple of weeks.
View attachment 68881 View attachment 68882
Red, that's a great looking hat and pin!

Celia

A-List Customer
Can't compete with all your fancy hats here today. It's been dark an rainy and miserable all day, and it'll probably stay like that till may. I can't seem to recover from the flu, I'm no longer in bed with a fever, but still constantly exhausted and achey. I think I just need to take a holiday somewhere where there's actual sunlight. Or go into hibernation. I'll stop complaining now and get to the hat :)

image_zpspi273nik.jpeg

Just my old Hobson, because it's already been rained on so often it doesn't really matter anymore. Looking at it now, I think it does need some tlc and a new ribbon though...

Can't compete with all your fancy hats here today. It's been dark an rainy and miserable all day, and it'll probably stay like that till may. I can't seem to recover from the flu, I'm no longer in bed with a fever, but still constantly exhausted and achey. I think I just need to take a holiday somewhere where there's actual sunlight. Or go into hibernation. I'll stop complaining now and get to the hat :) Just my old Hobson, because it's already been rained on so often it doesn't really matter anymore. Looking at it now, I think it does need some tlc and a new ribbon though...

The long return to feeling like yourself again can be a hard road. I hope the flu becomes a memory soon. Thanks for sharing your old Hobson!

Sonero

Practically Family
Early Stetson Boss Raw Edge... a Camelot hat in 6 7/8 that comes out the day after a haircut.

030217_1.jpg

030217_2.jpg

030217_3.jpg

Super.

I need one of these but can't seem to locate one. I checked the Resistol and Stetson website. Akubra has a new model that mimics the look but the color offerings are lame.

With this style I'd rather not go custom.

Any ideas ?

The curled brim is what really turns me on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ