Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
Thank you, buddy. I really appreciate that.

You probably saw me wearing my Bradford 7X quality conversion. It looks nearly identical to the Resistol except that I did my Bradford on a different block that was more rounded. Both have the same open crown height with the same height at the pinch and with the same rake. Both have the same 2 3/4 brim width and were flanged on the same brim flange. I creased the Bradford in a C Crown to make the sides straighter because of the rounded block shape it was on. The Stagecoach was creased in a Teardrop because that block was straight sided.

This is the Bradford....
Bradford_Blue_Shirt_2a.jpg
Bradford_7_X_Conversion_Hat_3.jpg

C Crown
Bradford_7_X_Conversion_Hat_1.jpg

This is the Resistol Stagecoach....
Stagecoach_Silverbelly_Redo_5.jpg
Stagecoach_Silverbelly_Hat_Redo_1.jpg

Teardrop
Stagecoach_Silverbelly_Hat_Redo_6.jpg

I'd like to do an ORish conversion in a different color, though.

You made a felt purse out of a sow's ear there for sure. That look so rich and 100% beaver-ish. Way better than any Bradford I have ever owned or have seen.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
You guys are killing me! Such great hats and I am putting 3 boxes full of new parts on a truck and there's no way I'm wearing anything but a ragged ball cap and my miner's lamp for the rest of the evening and most of the day tomorrow. I guess I'll be wearing hats to bed to catch up on hat time. I guess I could go to Cowboy Church in the morning since you leave your hat on there except for prayers. I could carry a couple of spares and swap hats at each prayer.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Thank you, buddy. I really appreciate that.

You probably saw me wearing my Bradford 7X quality conversion. It looks nearly identical to the Resistol except that I did my Bradford on a different block that was more rounded. Both have the same open crown height with the same height at the pinch and with the same rake. Both have the same 2 3/4 brim width and were flanged on the same brim flange. I creased the Bradford in a C Crown to make the sides straighter because of the rounded block shape it was on. The Stagecoach was creased in a Teardrop because that block was straight sided.

This is the Bradford....
Bradford_Blue_Shirt_2a.jpg
Bradford_7_X_Conversion_Hat_3.jpg

C Crown
Bradford_7_X_Conversion_Hat_1.jpg

This is the Resistol Stagecoach....
Stagecoach_Silverbelly_Redo_5.jpg
Stagecoach_Silverbelly_Hat_Redo_1.jpg

Teardrop
Stagecoach_Silverbelly_Hat_Redo_6.jpg

I'd like to do an ORish conversion in a different color, though.

Two really nice conversions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
You look good in that cattleman crease, TJ. I like the campaign style bow you put on it as well. One of my OR clones, the Levine has that style bow and it's a favorite of mine.
Thank you, Greg. I came very close to doing a Cattleman crease OR clone on that Stagecoach. In fact, I had it creased that way and it looked great but I changed my mind at the last minute. I definitely plan to do another one. I'd like to see your Levine if you get around to posting it.

Kevin Rodgers

New in Town
Found myself in greys and blues this morning so I had to skip a day wearing brown hats. The Borsalino in azoico colour was more fitting.
View attachment 89324
That is a wonderful Borsalino Stefan. I love everything about it.

That is a great looking hat, Mike. Felt looks really thin.
Thanks friend. Mike at NW Hats pounced the beaver nice and light. It is also unlined, comfortable 3 seasons during the year.

Hey all!
The wind has calmed, at least here on the coast. Hope it has done the same in all of the parts of the state that are currently on fire.
Looks like a late season straw day. Brent Milan.

3ad58871ad287cf31389d2bfa6399876.jpg
841e2aadbbc7c21c4ee18d735537752b.jpg
1e2ef24068c55a76972fc2d0ce3901e2.jpg

Have a great day!