Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tandmark

One of the Regulars
H'lo y'all,

Today it was an ultracheapo (under $10) wool felt c-crown fedora found this past weekend at a nearby Burlington Coat Factory store. Labelled as being made by K-Hats in Ecuador.

Sure wish the brim were stiff enough to take a decent snap. Despite that quibble, it's OK for the money.

KHat.jpg
[/IMG]

Not a color I usually wear. Almost passed it by, at first sight of it sitting on a shelf at BCF. The hat and its color certainly work better than I'd have expected.

Cheers,
Mark

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
tandmark said:
H'lo y'all,

Today it was an ultracheapo (under $10) wool felt c-crown fedora found this past weekend at a nearby Burlington Coat Factory store. Labelled as being made by K-Hats in Ecuador.

Sure wish the brim were stiff enough to take a decent snap. Despite that quibble, it's OK for the money.

KHat.jpg
[/IMG]

Not a color I usually wear. Almost passed it by, at first sight of it sitting on a shelf at BCF. The hat and its color certainly work better than I'd have expected.

Cheers,
Mark
Hey, Mark, nice to meet ya'! Good hat for the Seattle Fall, I say!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Drum roll please...I'm proud to announce, that since moments after the postman knocked on my door at 10:30 this morning with a box that was in Sydney just yesterday...I am now wearing an Akubra Federation in tawny fawn....

(deep theatrical bow)

And the bonus...I didn't even realize this until about half an hour ago, but Paul bought a cinnamon cashmere overcoat at Bloomingdales in NYC 12 years ago when he had a singing gig there...which he's never worn...which he pitched a fit over last year because it has two little divots from moths (I've told him - garment bag with moth balls, keep it hung in the garage where its colder...).

But I was getting ready to go to a meeting an hour up the road and thought "It's a little cool out to head out without a coat..." and I see the jacket hanging there. It is the absolute EXACT match for the hat. I'm not talking even a little different - exact.

So in other words...I now have a new overcoat as well... Pix to come later! I'm still working on the bashing!

Barb

One of the Regulars
Exact color match, eh?

That sounds amazing. Hurry up with the pictures already!

Mike in Seattle said:
Drum roll please...I'm proud to announce, that since moments after the postman knocked on my door at 10:30 this morning with a box that was in Sydney just yesterday...I am now wearing an Akubra Federation in tawny fawn....

(deep theatrical bow)

And the bonus...I didn't even realize this until about half an hour ago, but Paul bought a cinnamon cashmere overcoat at Bloomingdales in NYC 12 years ago when he had a singing gig there...which he's never worn...which he pitched a fit over last year because it has two little divots from moths (I've told him - garment bag with moth balls, keep it hung in the garage where its colder...).

But I was getting ready to go to a meeting an hour up the road and thought "It's a little cool out to head out without a coat..." and I see the jacket hanging there. It is the absolute EXACT match for the hat. I'm not talking even a little different - exact.

So in other words...I now have a new overcoat as well... Pix to come later! I'm still working on the bashing!

funneman

Practically Family
Mr. Lucky said:
To quote The Great One, Jackie Gleason - Humina, humina, humina...

..And may I add - Hubba, hubba!

I think women look GREAT in fedoras, it's wonderful to see more and more of you on the Lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner