Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris K

One of the Regulars

Thanks Bolthead. This hat is just hand bashed, so I can alter it at any time - very convenient.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
IMG_3963.jpg

Lee Waterbloc

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Douglas, Without a doubt, that entire outfit is YOUR LOOK! The pin on the Cavanagh has me puzzled. Wonder why they sewed it inside, on the sweatband? Would it devalue the hat if one were to move it outside, say to the center of the bow? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dinerman, That's what we expect when we see a derby! You do it quite well. The only question is, "Do you play the piano, too?" (I wouldn't be surprised. You have many interests, and multiple talents.) :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I need to catch up with the last two weeks of posts, so please excuse my lack of participation. Sorry for the crummy pics posted below.
Vintage Betty

Here's this weeks pics:

Monday = Modern black stingy brim with white trim. No makeup = no picture.

Monday - Friday = Modern blue knitted crochet hat with flower embellishment from an ebay seller. It looked much better on the mannequin than me :eek: but it keeps my ears warm when I walk my dogs.

betty_111307.JPG

Friday = 1920's Wool Cloche, with modern ribbon and feather treatment and remade velvet brim. Worn with 1920's skirt and velvet quilted opera overcoat, shown over in the What Are You Wearing Today thread. I took more pictures of the hat, but they didn't come out. If you want more pics, let me know and I'll take them with a mannequin head and good lighting.

betty_111407a.JPG

betty_111407c.JPG

Saturday = Was given an antique beret as a gift, wore it out tonight with my vintage tapered overcoat.

betty_111507a.JPG

betty_111507b.JPG

betty_111507c.JPG

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J.T. , this is the only hat I have seen with a pin at the sweat band. It is crimped not sewn. It does not affect the sizing at all. This hat also has a button sewn to each side of the crown behind the sweat band.
DSCN6802.jpg

I have no idea what it is used for. I have several Cavanaghs and still do not have one with a Cavanagh edge.
I think I will keep it as is.

AFIndy, I would call this a Homburg. I have a few that have tall crowns.

Betty, the 1920s cloche is wonderful:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Bolthead, This is a great look for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran