Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Green Mallory summer weight

DSCN7077.jpg

RSCN7084.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Yohanes said:
Caparzo, with all due respect, sorry if this offend you, but I have an impression that the Fed looks too big, at least when viewed from the front. The crown dominates your head extremely, as if your head is being eaten by the Fed. Maybe either you try another bash, such as lowering the crown or you should gain more weight. But that's just my opinion...

You are blunt but I honestly believe it is good-spirited.

I'm a guy who could use to gain weight and I too have noticed, in my own hat wearing, that when I push the hat forward in order to get that often sought-after, super serious 'brim down onto the eyebrows' look, the crown of the hat is more prominent. Also, when I use mirrors to check my profile, I find that the hat looks pushed too far forward.

I've relaxed somewhat and split the difference. I get the brim down best I can but if I float it back some it's more stable, more comfortable, looks better on me from the side AND the crown recedes and foreshortens a little.

Also, on some of my hats with ample crowns I have taken to more od a diamond bash in order to pull a point out in back which tapers the sides in a bit.

Big Man

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yohanes said:
Caparzo, with all due respect, sorry if this offend you, but I have an impression that the Fed looks too big, at least when viewed from the front. The crown dominates your head extremely, as if your head is being eaten by the Fed. Maybe either you try another bash, such as lowering the crown or you should gain more weight. But that's just my opinion...

I believe I'll have to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I would much rather see "too much" hat than "not enough" hat. I think a smaller guy with a larger hat looks much better than a big guy with a small hat (especially one that is too small).

kiltie

Practically Family
Down the stretch...

It's Mingo and Douglas, neck-n-neck. Superfine hats, as always, fellas. Douglas - to my personal taste, Mingo is offering the first real competition. Both of y'all have got that THING ( no, not that thing, the OTHER thing...). And yes, I realize it's not an actual competition, but why else post but for the little "attaboy" from the other members? So: Attaboy!

mingoslim

Practically Family
New Portis . . .

I just received this one in the mail a couple of days ago from our fellow lounger, Razzman . . .

08-050208a.jpg

08-050208b.jpg

Thanks Razzman . . . Just the thing I needed to brighten up a rather dreary day . . .

PapaSimone

Familiar Face
IWW

mingoslim said:
I just received this one in the mail a couple of days ago from our fellow lounger, Razzman . . .

08-050208a.jpg

08-050208b.jpg

Thanks Razzman . . . Just the thing I needed to brighten up a rather dreary day . . .

Dig the wobblie button!

freebird

Practically Family
bowler002-1.jpg

My first vintage hat. A bowler from Vintage Betty.Thank you, Ms Betty!
Took Mom shopping and to the bank, no comments, but lots of looks at both places. Of course, a one eyed man with a bowler and a cane isn't going to garner too many double takes ;)

bowler005-1.jpg

Trying to pick the black bowler up as well,it currently belongs to a friend of the family. Right now my Brother has it, so I had to have a pic made in it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore