Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
I hold my own in the fedora-wearin' department, but dang! All you guys are really looking great in this string of posts.

Super photo of a super look there, Alan!

Hey Fats, rub it in why don'tcha'? Another guy who can wear one of those flat caps and look good doin' it. Wish I could do as well.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for all the very kind comments.

Bingles said:
Alan, you look FANTASTIC!! Wow, does that hat suit you!! I have been dying for a Chesterfield coat.. where did you find it?? :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I was able to pick up the Chesterfield from a guy over at Style Forum who was selling it a couple of years ago. I'm a sucker for a velvet collar.

Mr. Paladin

Great hats everyone! AlanC, that is a classic look and photo. BobC, like the Fed, but love the snow; 'course I might not if I had it all winter long but we don't get much here!

bolthead

Super Lids, one and All.....

The wife and I.....my family, and some close friends went into Manhattan Sat. night for Dinner and drinks. I wore the Resistol that I got from Gene, during a recent swap.

Faiths50th004.jpg

Sorry, this was of course after a few drinks.......:D

Resistol.jpg

RBH

Bartender
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Alan as always! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

bolthead said:
The wife and I.....my family, and some close friends went into Manhattan Sat. night for Dinner and drinks. I wore the Resistol that I got from Gene, during a recent swap.

Faiths50th004.jpg

Sorry, this was of course after a few drinks.......:D

Resistol.jpg
Bolt... super photos and you of couse look great. As for Mrs Bolt she looks FANTASTIC!:eusa_clap Now just get her in a hat!:D

JtL, Jim what can I say. WOW! but I like the thin ones best!:D

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Bolt, GREAT shots (but it does look like your camera's been drinkin' :D ) !! I get the biggest kick outta' seeing you wearing that Resistol. I'm so glad you wound up with it!

Jimmy, that is an awesome Stetson, pal. Keep 'em comin'!

Garrett

Bolt...

You look great! Always likin' the lids you've got....makes me wanna swap a few with Gene myself.....hint hint Gene! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

rrog

A-List Customer
Stetson Project

This is my Stetson conersion/refurb project that I'm working on. It's my first attempt at doing this sort of thing. I know it's probably not appropriate, but I've been wearing it without a ribbon. But I'll have that fixed soon. And sorry for the bad lighting and background. The details of the dark hat don't really stand out well against the white.

rrog

100_0223.jpg

BobC

Mr. Paladin said:
Great hats everyone! AlanC, that is a classic look and photo. BobC, like the Fed, but love the snow; 'course I might not if I had it all winter long but we don't get much here!

I'd be happy to pack you up some, Mr. P, and send it on down, but if you wait a while longer I can probably send more. Hard stuff to ship though. lol

Mr. Paladin

JTL and Bolthead--Looking quite dapper!

BobC--Only if you promise it will stay no longer than a week. Any more than that and the tow companies can't keep up and I can't work that many wrecks!

rrog

A-List Customer
jecoe@earthlink said:
Rrog -

Was that a cowboy style Stetson before? What kind of bash did it have? And was the brim much wider? Looks good so far...

Well, um :eek: , it was a Homburg. :eek: I had posted some questions about it when I first got it off eBay and the general consensus was to NOT try to make a fedora out of it. But I love to tinker and learn new things and was willing to possibly lose the hat if I messed it up royally, so I decided to give it a try. Here's a link to that post with some "before" pictures: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=32994&highlight=homburg+rolled+brim

So far I've been pleased with the results. My biggest challenge was to shrink the hat down from a 7 1/2 to a 7 1/4. I did this by spraying water on and underneath the sweat band and letting it sit overnight. I did that three times. I then read some posts here that said using a blow dryer might help too. After doing this several times, it started to feel like it fit. I used some foam strips in the front and back but after a while I even took those out. Now it fits perfectly and is the most comfortable hat I own. (but my Akubra is on its way!)

I'll try to take some better pictures of it to show what the crown looks like. It's sort of a tear drop shape. I'm going to send it to Optimo in Chicago to have it rebound and a ribbon put on it. But thanks for the encouragement.

rrog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails