Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
DOUGLAS said:
DSCN8155.jpg

DSCN8158.jpg
Douglas that is a beautiful hat. What would you estimate the age of that one?

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am horrible at dating my hats but from the quality and the interior logo I would say somewhere in the Fifties.

Goose.

Practically Family
Like I said, today was "Casual" day...here I am at my waterng hole with my Brothers. Two Akuburas and a Scala DP stingy.

Douglas...quit looking so good in those hats...you raise the bar TOO HIGH, I try to lower it to the t-shirt beer guzzling crowd.

Hulkamad...what's up with the scrambled mug? Witness protection? Undercover? Don't want your old lady to see your mug and put it with the $$$ spent on the lid?
Don't take it too personal just because I covet that sombero. But I don't get the mug pics. Someone had to say it. You gotta be better looking than me. Not like I'm gonna hit ya up for a date on myspace.com. None of my biz...just a bit curious and poking clean fun at ya. Everyone has a reason for what they do...anyway...nice hat...seriously.

Oh well...don't mind me...in fact, just for you, a pic of the gal that took my Casual for a spin....

Click the pic:

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Carter; You turned those modern Stetsons into something outstanding to look at. Just fantastic, brother!

Bolthead; good to see you, man!

Douglas; Keep 'em coming. I missed you during your busy spell. I really enjoy the hat and clothes combos you put together.

Hulkamad and Goose; You fellas have good taste in hats and great senses of humor. Fun to see and read!

Garrett

Douglas; Keep 'em coming. I missed you during your busy spell. I really enjoy the hat and clothes combos you put together.

Gene, I miss your "what are you wearing today" posts. Glad to see you back , man.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Hulk-sweeeeeeet lid. I was in Tulsa again today. If I had known, I'd have come by your doorstep and swiped that nice little Hattery box of yours, especially if I had known you would rub it in our face like that!! Now I want a FedIV.

Don't worry Goose. I'm gonna track Hulk down and sneak a pic of him so he will be exposed to the world. He sort of looks like the Joker in that smiley/blurry pic, doesn't he?

BobC

Inspired by Jimmy the Lid of Tennessee fame, I put a new crease in my moonstone Fed Dlx IV, pinched it a little tighter and deepened the side dents this evening. I like it better than the center dent I had in it before.

IMG_0802.jpg

IMG_0803.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Garrett said:
Gene, I miss your "what are you wearing today" posts. Glad to see you back , man.

Hey buddy, that's a nice thing to say. Y'know my schedule tightened up a bit for a while and since I think I've shown you fellas all the hats I have worth showing I sorta' thought it would just get redundant. But from my point of view I never tire of seeing the other Loungers photos so you've given me reason to get back to it. If I can just regain the habit of getting that Daily Hat photo...

Torpedo

One Too Many
Douglas: I bow to you, sir. :eusa_clap

Bob C.: the new crease looks good. Now we need a photo of you sporting it to see the effect!

Great hats everybody!

Torpedo

One Too Many
Hello,

This one is just for laughs. Here in Spain we are approaching the Carnival festivals (next week), and, according to the occasion, I composed a Hercule Poirot impression, complete with an obviously fake moustache, and topped by a black homburg (a Stetson). I posed with the appropriate jaunty expression...

DSC_0290-1.jpg

Regards!

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
BobC said:
Inspired by Jimmy the Lid of Tennessee fame, I put a new crease in my moonstone Fed Dlx IV, pinched it a little tighter and deepened the side dents this evening. I like it better than the center dent I had in it before.

IMG_0802.jpg

That's a terrific job, Bob. Looks fantastic! :eusa_clap

Cheers,
JtL

kiltie

Practically Family
Hat Head: Good looking hat!

Let me see if I can head off everyone elses questions, as I know these things came up on the "nostalgia" thread and a couple others -
* Where'd ya get the hat; Hornets?
* How much for the binding?
* What was the turnaround like?
* Hows the work on the binding?
* If a car is traveling from New York to San Francisco at 55mph and another car leaves San Francisco going 70mph...

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo