Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Introducing... The Harcourt Hats!

Well, that's what it says on the liner. :p I've never heard of this maker before.

TheHarcourtMar12091.jpg

TheHarcourtMar1209.jpg

And a view of the liner:

TheHarcourtMar12092.jpg

The sweatband markings repeat "Harcourt Hats Fine Fur Felt Supreme" on one side, and has an oval mark that reads "Oil Protected - Head Eased", whatever that means. [huh]

All in all a nice, basic fedora. I like it.

Cheers,
Tom

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey Indy, it's funny isn't it sometimes when you empty your pockets, etc. at the end of the day - - and it takes about five minutes. The stuff just keeps comin' out. You feel like a magician or something. lol

By the way, that is another absolutely super job of suit/hat wearin' there pal. Just stopped me in my tracks. And you didn't have to yell, "FREEZE" or anything. :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Hey J.T.,

So you use that Temple as a "rain hat". That's interesting. I have given that model low marks in that department based solely on my own experience with one hat. Yours seems like a workhorse. I'm impressed.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
HarpPlayerGene said:
Hey J.T.,

So you use that Temple as a "rain hat". That's interesting. I have given that model low marks in that department based solely on my own experience with one hat. Yours seems like a workhorse. I'm impressed.

I started that test, last year, prompted by our ongoing discussion of current Stetson quality. So far, it has not bled, shrunk, increased in taper, or self-destructed.

After rain use, I do make sure the brim is set the way I want it to dry. (Up all around, resting sweatband down, on a flat surface.) Once it has dried, if there are rain spots in the nap, I give it a light brushing, usually with a clean handkerchief. That's it. :)

BobC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gtdean48 said:
Got a good sweat in it yesterday cleaning stalls & removed the sizing. Fits nicely now...
cdggtd4.jpg

Deputy S, I am wondering if you pull the back brim of your hats down when you crease them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner