Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
carter said:
3429665431_a45fcd4e4e.jpg

Nice, Carter. I like the felt/ribbon color scheme on that one. Just out of curiousity, how did you come by that hat? Can you tell us anything about Oklahoma Hatters? (If I recall, I believe that gtd may have a lid from them, as well).

Cheers,
JtL

Pduck

One of the Regulars
HarpPlayerGene said:
Wow, what a line-up!

Putting my hat in the ring while Photobucket is cooperating but I've really gotta' go back and check out all the cool pix.

Akubra Snowy River today ("and friend" - I call Jimmy's pooch and raise him one scraggly cat):

DSC_0013.jpg

Psst...Hey Gene, there's someone looking over your shoulder.

DonnieD

New in Town
Jabos said:
Welcome DonnieD!

HarpPlayerGene said:
Welcome, DonnieD. That Henschel is plenty special. Great looking cap.

Now get a fedora. All the cool kids are doin' it... :rolleyes: :D

Thanks, Gents. Glad to be part of this wonderful community of people who haven't forgotten what it means to walk around in style. :)

I do have a fedora, but I'm waiting to either receive my overcoat in the mail or until the weather gets nicer b/c my current coat doesn't go well with it.

Edit to add: It's a Capas Designs that I got from hats-plus. I live about a mile away from their shop.

picture322i.jpg

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
DonnieD said:
Thanks, Gents. Glad to be part of this wonderful community of people who haven't forgotten what it means to walk around in style. :)

I do have a fedora, but I'm waiting to either receive my overcoat in the mail or until the weather gets nicer b/c my current coat doesn't go well with it.

Edit to add: It's a Capas Designs that I got from hats-plus. I live about a mile away from their shop.

Donnie, Have you designated a fair sized room in your home yet? It's easier to start the shelving now before you fill it with "just a couple more hats".

Pduck

One of the Regulars
DonnieD said:

picture322i.jpg

For what it's worth, I wear my gray fedora with just a windbreaker or a Land's End squall jacket. And I have images in my head of my father doing the same back in the 50s. No need to wait for a formal overcoat.

RBH

Bartender
Great hats John, Douglas, Belegnole, Bolt [good to see ya], Gene.
Welcome to the Lounge Donnie! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Carter... you look like a Texas oil baron in this shot!
3429668457_89b7b7eb35.jpg

Mr. Paladin said:
RBH, that looks really nice. Great color and styling. Does it have your signature reverse diamond crease?
Thanks Mr P.. yep... a nice diamond crease!!!

I like that still life Jimmy. I made one kinda like that awhile back, of my Stratoliner.

Gene that Wormser is top notch!
Gutshot you wear that cap well!
And finally Dee... LOOKING GOOD!!! oh... you too John! :D

DonnieD

New in Town
St.Ignatz said:
Donnie, Have you designated a fair sized room in your home yet? It's easier to start the shelving now before you fill it with "just a couple more hats".

LOL, yeah I need to figure out my hat storage system soon. I don't think the Mrs. is too thrilled with the kitchen table being covered in hats. :)

Pduck said:
For what it's worth, I wear my gray fedora with just a windbreaker or a Land's End squall jacket. And I have images in my head of my father doing the same back in the 50s. No need to wait for a formal overcoat.

Thanks - it's not necessarily about the overcoat, but I hate my current winter coat and don't like to waste the fedora with it. Just doesn't feel right. If it ever warms up here, I have a couple nice jackets that I'll be wearing the fedora with all the time.

Gutshot - the new hat looks great. I may have to try out B!Wear one of these days.

Goose.

Practically Family
Wow...too many accolades to post since I last hopped in here.
It would be like a speech at the Academy Awards where they'd start playing music to get me off the stage. But I must say...
the "Too Cool for School :cool2: " awards go to:

JtL, probably the nicest green hat I've seen.
HPG, always classic...cool cat in the background of the one pic too :).
Indy Cop, ahhh, what can I say? You know you rock.
Carter and RBH...great pics of you wearing great hats.

Anyway...here's the Blue Light Special of the bunch...

Akubra Capricorn
510303502_T2chu-Th-1.jpg

Gutshot

One of the Regulars
HarpPlayerGene said:
That's awesome. For what it's worth THIS is a hat I would not wear well - - but you, Gutshot, send it right outta' the park! :eusa_clap

Thanks mate... I appreciate it.

Belegnole

One of the Regulars
Today

Beside other things I run a online gaming community. So often I am in front of the computer working on things. We use voice chat to help with communication and just for fun....
Daily041109.jpg

Everyone's lookin good

Gutshot which size/model bwear is that?

DonnieD, I know you are having a few warmer days down there. I was in a T today so that fedora could be worn dressed up or down. I find that grey will go with almost anything, if you want to add some pizazz to a casual outfit wear your fedora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo