Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
billyspew said:
Today I was wearing an Adam Mainliner in "sterling"

4323830176_21ce3940d5.jpg

With appologies to Matt Groening/Homer Simpson: Mmmmmmm.....crowny!

I've got to get an Adam. Billy, if they'd had you as an Adambassador they'd still be in business.

Chinaski

One Too Many
Salty, I like the tilt you give your hats. Gives it a bit of swagger :eusa_clap

ScottF, I was thinking you looked like you came straight out of a Steinbeck novel with that lid, but then I realized it's more F Scott. How appropriate!

billyspew

One Too Many
My new Adam Triport today... arrived yesterday in amazing condition... of a Johnnyphi standard. Colour hard to describe, it's a taupe with a very strong hint of green - reminds me of the colour of JtL's recent flagship. Doesn't show up on this image but will try and capture when I can.

4324320559_6ef59b6593.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
billyspew said:
My new Adam Triport today... arrived yesterday in amazing condition... of a Johnnyphi standard. Colour hard to describe, it's a taupe with a very strong hint of green - reminds me of the colour of JtL's recent flagship. Doesn't show up on this image but will try and capture when I can.

Bill, I think that is one of your finest. Beautiful color and the ribbon is tops.:eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Mr. Paladin said:
Very nice, sir. its just that name.....:rolleyes:

lol lol lol :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The fellow below bears the same name: Zorro the ... ....

zorro1.jpg

Name aside: wonderful hat, Eph! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
And once again this makes me think that I still need one with a similar color combo.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
billyspew said:

The true color may not show in the photo but still it looks like an awesome hat. And, as usually, you wear it really well! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

grundie

One of the Regulars
My first time doing this, I apologise for the poor mobile phone image and the beard which is a work in progress.

ZJr63.jpg

The image doesn't show it well, but it's a brown newsboy hat made from thick flannel material.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Akubra knock-off

Warmer today, -13c or about 8f.
In a chore jacket and my Outback, Broken Hill Collection, Road Warrior the Outback Trading Company of Oxford, PA making the Broken Hill Collection as one of the many Akubra knock-off lines.
100_0313.jpg

I like the rich, almost teal-like, blue of this one and the felt is really quite nice, softening in all the right places but holding the factory shaped crown well. I am not sure at all though if it would be easy to remould or not[huh]
With the front and rear swoops poised to create lift-off in a stiff wind I think I will be adding a wind trolley some day though.;)

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Many thanks Billy, Mr P, Mario and Sue.
As for the name Mr P...well...time, and language, changes doesn't it. Interestingly, my Gay Blade doesn't have the model name anywhere on the hat. I do have the original receipt which notes the name, but the hat only designates it as 'Dobbs 15' on the sweatband.

Billy, another stonker of a lid! And Mario, your photos get more and more film noir. Fantastic - just like your hat collection.

GClark

One of the Regulars
billyspew said:
Mr Clark, you're VS's are very nice and very much enjoy looking at them. Especially that green one. Has a lovely bow detail if I remember rightly?

Thanks!
Yes - I love the ribbon on this one.
Not a great pic but is shows up a bit here
IMG_0652.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo