Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
zetwal said:
RLK, I love the Resistol. Mine looks exactly like it but is darker. It has the old fish skin liner and is unreeded. I'm guessing yours is the same. Does yours say "Hand-Tooled Edge" as well as Ten on the sweatband? Great hat ;)
Thanks, no special edge(or other data) on this one, just raw. Might be slightly less old than yours.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
rlk said:
Thanks, no special edge(or other data) on this one, just raw. Might be slightly less old than yours.
This one of mine which I usually refer to as my "Beloved Resistol" is overwelted with no visible stitching. I would guess it would be called a "kitten finish" that looks deep enough to swim in. I have lost any reference info because Optimo replaced the completely destroyed, disintegrated sweat and the, as you called it, fish skin liner has nothing more than the usual self-conforming notation.
100_0475.jpg

I just love this hat [huh] :cool2:

Big_e

Practically Family
Great looking hat Scott!
Ernest

Scott Wood said:
This one of mine which I usually refer to as my "Beloved Resistol" is overwelted with no visible stitching. I would guess it would be called a "kitten finish" that looks deep enough to swim in. I have lost any reference info because Optimo replaced the completely destroyed, disintegrated sweat and the, as you called it, fish skin liner has nothing more than the usual self-conforming notation.
100_0475.jpg

I just love this hat [huh] :cool2:

Hereward

One of the Regulars
Mr Tutt,

Once again I am green with envy over your fine felt collection. I hope your clients appreciate having such a smart man fighting their corner.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
handlebar bart said:
Nice Whippet Mr P. I don't even tempt myself by looking at 'em on ebay anymore when they get to the price of a custom but still.......there is a combination of things going on with the Whippets that make them hard to resist even when the price goes sky high.

I wore this one in the overalls shot in Monteagle this year. I agree with you they are intriguing and versatile; overalls to neckties.....maybe sometimes overalls with neckties! :D

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
Hereward said:
Mr Tutt,

Once again I am green with envy over your fine felt collection. I hope your clients appreciate having such a smart man fighting their corner.

Many thanks Hereward, and Mr P.
This Mallory will always be a favourite. It's the most comfortable hat in my stable and the colour is a taupe that looks brown indoors and more grey out in the sun. Very versatile.
I recently picked up another Mallory of a similar vintage in a camel colour. It's in the shop getting cleaned and blocked. It's lost its liner along the way and was in need of some work, but it will be worthy of a lounge showing when it comes back.
Anyone got a spare Mallory liner from the 40's/50's they'd like to sell me?

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Yeps, I like what you did with the St. Regis. It looks better on you as a fedora, not that it didn't look good on you when it was a Homburg.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Mr E Train said:
Yeps, I like what you did with the St. Regis. It looks better on you as a fedora, not that it didn't look good on you when it was a Homburg.

Thank you very much Mr. E.

I agree that it looks better as a fedora. It is a little small on me, and the fedora can be worn up higher and look fine. Also, by putting the pinch in it that I did, I have given it an ever so slightly tapered shape, which looks a bit better for my face shape. I am on the look out for a homburg in 7 3/8ths, but this one works great as a fedora.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy