Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat looks good on a shaved head?

Yohanes

One of the Regulars
I have in mind, Kangol cap as worn by Samuel L. Jackson... or that type of cap / beret. In fact I'm a bit confused on how that Kangol cap should be worn, brim at front line like newsboy cap, or at the back so you'd appear wearing a beret with Kangol logo on your forehead :) That should look hip and stylish...

Porkpie is a good choice, anyway.

Edward

Bartender
I'm another headshaver (there's more of us around here than I realised.... maybe we should start a club, you know..... The Brynner Cranial Skin Exposure Society... :p ). I wear a wide range of hats that I think work on me - various flat caps and 8 panel caps, homburgs, top hats and fedoras. I prefer not to go below 2" in the brim, but that's to personal taste. Quite honestly, I think that while being shaven headed makes it more important to wear a hat (keep the heat in when it's cold, and the sun off when it's hot), a lack of hair actually makes little to no difference as to whether a hat looks good on you. It's more about physical traits, and especially what else you choose to wear it with (I find a shorter line jacket looks better with a narrower brim.... your mileage may vary).

dog20

Familiar Face
Porkpie, yes thats it!! How does it look on me?

hat.jpg

:p

mingoslim

Practically Family
It really depends on many things . . .

Bingles said:
I shave my head.. I only wear stingy. 2inch or less.

Like your height, weight, frame, face type . . .
I shave my head, and wear moderately wide brims . . . nothing smaller than 2 1/2 inches . . .
And I like high crowns . . . But then I am 6'3" and weigh well over 200 lbs.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Edward said:
I'm another headshaver (there's more of us around here than I realised.... maybe we should start a club, you know..... The Brynner Cranial Skin Exposure Society... :p ).

Count me in.:D

I have more of a problem with suits below my shaved head than hats.

I do think though, I'd rather have hair under a driving/newsboy/flat cap. Just regarding looks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore