Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is going on with this site???

shopkin

New in Town
It is probably the hosting service trying to squeeze the site owner to upgrade to a more expensive plan with more band width. The mderators may have no idea about what's going on unless the site owner told them.

milandro

A-List Customer
Well, Good morning to all working in the engine room, it appears, at the moment, that the issues are, for the time being at least, resolved.

I am sure that this will improve things with participation.

Several members appear to have noticed the problems and simply dropped off the radar because of that (this conclusion is drawn from the comments made by some) without making any complaint themselves.

I suppose that a better performing forum simply holds people in better .

So, thank you , for what you've done and will. keep on doing.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
And I was thinking my phone was the problem

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230908-064850~2.png
    Screenshot_20230908-064850~2.png
    956.3 KB · Views: 37

ILB Frank

One of the Regulars
I am guessing that, as a vintage hat/apparel sight, we shouldn't really demand modern connection speed.
Gotta surf like it's the 1960s ARPANET and we are the privileged few who get to be online :cool:

Mine has been running at a snail's pace the last couple of weeks. Several days ago I asked Nathan about it. He checked the speed and said it was OK from his end.

Hopefully, we will all be back to normal soon. PC

It was working normally just an hour ago, but the problems are back. 2 minutes 11 seconds to load the home page and 3 minutes 17 seconds to open this thread! @Nathan Flowers i know you’re busy trying to figure out how to spend the millions you make off this place :cool: but it’s been very frustrating for a few weeks now. Any hope on the horizon?

We do appreciate all the work put into keeping this site going.

Brent

GHT

I'll Lock Up
It was working normally just an hour ago, but the problems are back. 2 minutes 11 seconds to load the home page and 3 minutes 17 seconds to open this thread!

Brent
Think more positively Brent. The combined total of two minutes, eleven seconds with three minutes, seventeen seconds, gives you time enough to get two beers down your neck as opposed to just one.

hambone71

Practically Family
It was working normally just an hour ago, but the problems are back. 2 minutes 11 seconds to load the home page and 3 minutes 17 seconds to open this thread! @Nathan Flowers i know you’re busy trying to figure out how to spend the millions you make off this place :cool: but it’s been very frustrating for a few weeks now. Any hope on the horizon?

We do appreciate all the work put into keeping this site going.

Brent
Yeah, it’s still jacked up for me, too. Maybe even worse.

milandro

A-List Customer
Indeed the " improvements" are were really short lived.

There has to be more to this than it has been apparent because we are back to the bad days.

Yesterday everything seemed to go fine, until it didn't .

I am not an expert but this forum may use a platform called Xen Foro , if that is the case I know that other fora using it are running fine, so this is a bug that CAN be fixed.

https://xenforo.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24