Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is going on with this site???

Mighty44

One Too Many
Is there somebody that could update users on what is going on that is crashing the site/slowing it down?

It's been a couple of weeks now--is the site going down permanently or is it under repair or something else. Is it going to get better?

Would really appreciate an update if anyone has any news.

Thanks

Ribdoner

A-List Customer
Is there somebody that could update users on what is going on that is crashing the site/slowing it down?

It's been a couple of weeks now--is the site going down permanently or is it under repair or something else. Is it going to get better?

Thanks

+1

Nacho

Practically Family
I'm praying that TFL isn't downgraded to HostGator or BlueHost. That would be like having dial-up Internet access all over again.

hambone71

Practically Family

Thanks
Exactly my questions, too! My activity has slowed way down on this site simply because it has been such a pain to navigate. I hope it's being addressed.

Fallentaxi

New in Town
Thank you. Somet

Thanks

Thanks

milandro

A-List Customer
my internet is getting faster but this site is getting slow loading (which is in fact better, a few days ago certain days wouldn't load at all!) , at the moment it takes something like 30 " to go from page to page.

Apparently there isn't anyone in the control room since there have been several attempts to get attention from the moderators

there are several threads and posts general threads none of which seems to have been getting any attention

these may be the causes : (on line find)

6 Reasons Why Your Website Is Slow and How to Fix It
  • Reason 1: Low-quality hosting services.
  • Reason 2: Lack of a caching layer.
  • Reason 3: You are not using a content delivery network (CDN).
  • Reason 4: Un-optimized images.
  • Reason 5: Your site's code is too heavy.
  • Reason 6: Render-blocking CSS and JavaScript.

I have little trust that the issues are going to be solved

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Hi all, it's been identified over the last 24 hours that a number of folks have found the site is running slow; the management is looking into this to see if there's a specific cause - we should hopefully know more soon.
That's a relief Edward, I was convinced that it was my antiquated equipment, it's so old you could be forgiven for thinking that The Romans left it behind.

milandro

A-List Customer
it has been at least a moth
Hi all, it's been identified over the last 24 hours that a number of folks have found the site is running slow; the management is looking into this to see if there's a specific cause - we should hopefully know more soon.
Thanks, it has been at least a month, if not more that the site is slow loading and at times was unreachable the whole day

Last edited:

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

Thank you, Edward! As is too often the case, moderator is a thankless job that usually only gets noticed when things don't run smoothly. So in addition to this response and pending update(s), thanks for all that you and the other moderators do.

One Drop

One of the Regulars
Yup, it's been slow to the point of very frustrating to use since a while now, I just assumed the Mods knew about it already!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner