Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is going on with this site???

No issues on my end.

It took me several minutes to download every page earlier today; a common occurrence. Then for no apparent reason it worked fast again. It’s the most unreliable site I visit, but it’s still more than worth the aggravation. I’m not complaining, and accept this is just the way it is. As my boss likes to say, the juice is worth the squeeze. :)

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
No issues on my end.

I'm getting it regularly including as I first started typing this reply.

1708800685010.png

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It took me several minutes to download every page earlier today; a common occurrence. Then for no apparent reason it worked fast again. It’s the most unreliable site I visit, but it’s still more than worth the aggravation. I’m not complaining, and accept this is just the way it is. As my boss likes to say, the juice is worth the squeeze. :)

To be clear, I'm not talking about slow responsiveness. I'm talking about an redirect to a phishing site, which is actually dangerous.

To be clear, I'm not talking about slow responsiveness. I'm talking about an redirect to a phishing site, which is actually dangerous.

I’ve never personally had that happen. I don’t know if it’s my settings or the ad blocker I’m running or…? All I’ve experienced is slow running. Sometimes so slow it times out and I can’t access it at all.

Mighty44

One Too Many
I’ve never personally had that happen. I don’t know if it’s my settings or the ad blocker I’m running or…? All I’ve experienced is slow running. Sometimes so slow it times out and I can’t access it at all.
I’ve never had that happen either—just slow or a page won’t open.

I am getting the viral ad takeover constantly now. I can barely use the site just to post anymore, but can't use it at all to research.
Over the years I have had that become an issue. Ad Block Pro seems to be keeping it at bay on my ipad.

That being said… there might be some correlation to that issue and the random slow load times If a bug has found a hook to exploit a weakness

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Over the years I have had that become an issue. Ad Block Pro seems to be keeping it at bay on my ipad.

That being said… there might be some correlation to that issue and the random slow load times If a bug has found a hook to exploit a weakness
Ugh - the reason I use Macs is so I don’t need viral protection or ad blockers. The viral ad seems much worse if I use the search function - or it could just be totally random. At least it doesn’t seem to actually impact my device.

I did try logging out and clearing cache and rebooting my wifi but I still get the same result.

If this doesn’t clear up soon maybe I’ll try the ad block pro - thanks for the tip!

Mighty44

One Too Many
Ugh - the reason I use Macs is so I don’t need viral protection or ad blockers. The viral ad seems much worse if I use the search function - or it could just be totally random. At least it doesn’t seem to actually impact my device.

I did try logging out and clearing cache and rebooting my wifi but I still get the same result.

If this doesn’t clear up soon maybe I’ll try the ad block pro - thanks for the tip!
Maybe try a new browser? I have a Mac and use Firefox and never have that issue. In Firefox you can also open a private window which blocks all cookies/tracking. Good luck—that sounds awful.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Yes, but the value seems to be steadily declining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner