Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is going on with this site???

TelemarkTumalo

Familiar Face
I agree that it has improved with both initial site access and speed. But still randomly and intermittently, the site won't load, or individual pages are delayed in loading.

I have no issues with how the moderators address topics or individual postings. It is only the site performance that I struggle with. My hope is that the good folks who run the mechanics of the site would communicate with the members as to the problems and their plans as to how to address.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up

I knew i probably shouldn’t have re-visited this thread.
I must have forgotten all the astute observations and helpful handyman advice offered.
And the “beat” goes on.

Thank you to the TFL and for all you do on this free ride.
B

milandro

A-List Customer
"Hiccups."

What are you experiencing (currently)? I personally have seen an uptick in speed and results in the past weeks.
this is a hit and miss thing, sometimes it works, fast, and other times takes several minutes to log in and then to post, as seen from the many remarks made by others, this is experienced by many, not only by myself

90% improved. Intermittently wonky still.

FDL site continues to have problems. Can someone explain what is wrong and what is being done to address?

This site still lags pretty hard

Yes. And, I have tried multiple entries into the site. And, multiple computers and my phone as well. Same inconsistent results. I love it when the site works well, and detest the performance when it is delayed. Still wondering why the mods don't respond. Just crickets.

It’s the same for me. Sometimes it works fine, and sometimes it takes a few minutes to load a page, and sometimes it times out and never loads. When it’s slow I just give up and come back later.

I get the feel that it’s just the way it’s going to be so we should just accept it.

On my laptop the "problems" seem to occur mostly on pages where a lot of image files (or sometimes very few) need to load, regardless of whether they're being uploaded to TFL's servers or linked to off-site. But, sometimes, even on pages with nearly all text it takes a while to load.

Edward

Bartender
Management are looking into this again. Myself, I have the occasional slow day, though mostly not an issue. Not sure if it's at high traffic periods online or what (it's all demons and voodoo to me inside the box).

GHT

I'll Lock Up
At least I'm not on dial-up.
Coming from an era when my first phone, that's landline phone, was dial up, when the source of news came from newspapers and when a phone in your pocket, completely mobile, without a cord coming out of it, was still centuries into the future, I looked up why a website can run slow. This was the answer.

"There are many reasons for slow loading of websites like if the website code is poorly written then it takes time to load or if the server is overloaded or if bandwidth is limited or if there are many large size images or the server hardware is poorly maintained these are some of the main reasons."

Think I need to go and have a lay down.

hambone71

Practically Family
The site seems to be lagging a bit today, though not as bad as recently. Since the overhaul, I'd say it runs well about 80% of the time. This seems to be my experience, anyway. Others may have a different experience, depending on how often you're on here.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi all,

Most recently the site has been redirecting to me what seems to be some kind of malware/spam page.

It happened again while I was writing this comment.

Attachments

• 1708551794963.png
    1708551794963.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 20

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Hi all,

Most recently the site has been redirecting to me what seems to be some kind of malware/spam page.

It happened again while I was writing this comment.
I had the same this morning 3 times.... I thought it might just be me so good to know someone else had it. Things are running smoothly now though.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I've had it at least since yesterday.

Slowdown is one thing but I figured the mods would want to know about potential malware.
You're still seeing it? I saw it thee times this morning so I got off the site for a few hours. It's normal now.... I hope yours clears up as well but it's strange only to be attacking selected users. Could be something on our personal hardware though - did you try rebooting your wifi?

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You're still seeing it? I saw it thee times this morning so I got off the site for a few hours. It's normal now.... I hope yours clears up as well but it's strange only to be attacking selected users. Could be something on our personal hardware though - did you try rebooting your wifi?

I don't think it's just us, but I wasn't getting it before this week, and I'm not getting it right now. Hopefully whatever vulnerability has been patched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner