Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is going on with this site???

milandro

A-List Customer
after a slow start, today, logging in and surfing this site went without a hitch

The number of registered members on line is very low at the moment while the number of guests and bots is high so, if that was the problem , it isn't right now

I won't be active on this forum for a while due to a holiday. Wish you all the best to the community

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Its been acting up again here over the last few days. Just when I think it’s operating normally, it’s super slow.

It sort of ruins the user engagement IMO.

That ad is more preferable than:

"This site can’t be reached
The web page at https://www.thefedoralounge.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_FAILED"

It's taken some serious perseverance to get through this evening. This must be my fifth attempt.
Robert, if the likes of you & I are getting pop up ads for Disney World, algorithms can’t be the problem.

Pellie

One Too Many
I still can not reach the site normally. I only get in when i use the link on the instagram page. (I did that now). I hope the problems will be fixed quickly. :-(

Pellie

One Too Many
This is what i see when i enter on google.
inbound256659214559491464.jpg

tek8080

Familiar Face
I am still having a lot of issues with page loads. Also just recently it seems that email alerts are no longer working. Maybe something was rebooted and the email service didn't come back up? Anyone else notice they are not getting watched thread email alerts?

koppsg

New in Town
I'm glad that I stumbled on this thread. I thought the problem was with my provider. I must say that it's a little nostalgic - kind of reminds me of the old dial-up days! The only things missing is the modem tone. :)

itsallgood

One of the Regulars
It's odd, as the quality of the ads has gone up, the performance has gone down. When the owner first began to monetize this site, it was 'meet asian girls for free', today its national brands like UnitedHealthcare, Disney and NBC. I guess it speaks to the sophistication of the reader. I don't begrudge the owner for trying to recoup his ten years investment (or whatever it was), but it seems like he or she is trying to do it all at once. Ads to the right, ads to the bottom, popups, flash screens, you name it. I check in once a month or so now, it just hasn't been worth the aggravation.

It's odd, as the quality of the ads has gone up, the performance has gone down. When the owner first began to monetize this site, it was 'meet asian girls for free', today its national brands like UnitedHealthcare, Disney and NBC. I guess it speaks to the sophistication of the reader. I don't begrudge the owner for trying to recoup his ten years investment (or whatever it was), but it seems like he or she is trying to do it all at once. Ads to the right, ads to the bottom, popups, flash screens, you name it. I check in once a month or so now, it just hasn't been worth the aggravation.

I agree that the performance these last few weeks is very off putting.

I’ve been running an ad blocker for the last couple years and I haven’t seen a single ad here in that time.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Robert, if the likes of you & I are getting pop up ads for Disney World, algorithms can’t be the problem.
It saddens me Jack, the camaraderie and friendship here on The Lounge has been most enjoyable, more so during the time when we were all but locked up because of Covid.
The frustration of trying to log on and dismally failing most times, has led me to just give up.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
What's this new (or at least new to me) feature where it asks me to confirm if I want to like a post? This is particularly frustrating with the peanut butter in the system since it opens a whole new page to do this.

And to make it even more fun, it’s just a random feature - it doesn’t happen every time I try to like a post, but just frequently enough to be properly annoying.

Anybody else getting this?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner