Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Is The Strangest Thing You've Ever Seen?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Another weird thing that happened to me occurred in junior high school. It was in science class on a day there was no lesson for some reason. Two of the prettiest girls in class had brought in a ouija board. They set it up and asked for anyone to ask anything. Now, before anyone expresses any doubts about what happened, I find it hard to believe that these two girls had memorized so much information about anyone on the class, much less me in particular, Mr. not-so-popular. The two of them slid that glider across the board getting correct my address (they didn't live on my block), my final grade in the class, among some other things. They did just as well with other kids, too.

PistolPete1969

One of the Regulars
While Serving active duty in the Navy, I saw some odd things; especially coming from my very sheltered eyes.

My favorite was a smaller statured sailor, obviously fairly new on board, being lowered over the side of the ship on what looked like a board with a bucket of paint and a paint brush. This all happened while we were out to sea, 500 miles from land, on an aircraft carrier 90 feet over the water, while travelling at @ 40 miles an hour!!! It turns out this is normal; he was painting the side of the ship to avoid rust.

I work at a state correctional facility. I have dozens of stories to tell, but decency precludes me from sharing in this environment.....hehehe

Pete

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Human beings are a strange lot altogether. We're like gods at times and lowly beasts at others. I've seen many, many strange things, even in my humble corner of the world. Fortunately, this is a family oriented forum, therefore I cannot, and will not share these things.

It's funny how wrapped up we, as a society, get with superficial things as we meander through life. Seeing really strange things can snap us back into the moment; back into the ever flowing reality around us.

hellsbellslolly

Familiar Face
I was travelling across London on the underground, something I did lots when I lived at home. I was about 19 at the time, and I was trying to get home as quickly as I could, I got on the train and the carriage was eerily empty except this old couple they looked rather well dressed as if they were going to the theatre or something. Any-way I had my head phones in and I was stood up which was odd because there was loads of seats to sit down but I felt really uncomfortable so I stood by the door looking out of the window. My mind must have drifted off and I sensed that this old couple were looking at me, I looked to my right and they were indeed staring straight at me with what I can only describe as a sheer look of worry. Slightly puzzled by this, I looked back infront of me and in my reflection of the window I saw the shadow/reflection of a really tall, heavily set man stood literally behind me. He was leaning slightly to one side towering over me and just staring at me. I don't know where he came from, or why he had decided to stand right next to me when there was a carriage full of empty seats? He didn't say any-thing. But I got off the at the very next station as soon as the doors opened (not a tube station I knew either) and ran.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR