Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your expertise?

Ecuador Jim

A-List Customer
Cognac and cigars.

I guess I'm something of an expert in travel, since I'm on the road 30 weeks per year. And I guess I know something about project management, since that is the reason I'm on the road so much.

Love to cook when I don't have to clean up the kitchen.

BUT; it's hard to beat someone who is an expert in "all things unprintable."
:eek: lol

nobodyspecial

Practically Family
I'm a CPA by training so I have a good grasp of personal and corporate finance and taxation. That's about as boring as watching paint dry.

On a personal level I'm an expert, or at least very knowledgeable, on the history of backpacking and camping equipment made by US companies, especially post WWII through the 1970's. Beyond that time era most everything moved to off shore manufacturing and the story is less interesting. I've been helping Bruce with content for this website, http://www.oregonphotos.com/Backpacking-Revolution1.html Bruce's book on the history of Frostline Kits is great.

My neighbor once said to me, "You have the most amount of useless knowledge of anybody I've ever met." I think that was a compliment.

I'm an expert at putting my foot into my mouth after my sense of humor gets me into trouble.

Sertsa

One of the Regulars
I don't know how much of this would put me in the "expert" category, but:

--Modernist literature. I have an MA in English Literature, love the Modernist period (as well as the Romantic), and have an absurd number of books. I did my MA thesis on Saul Bellow.

--Analysis, editing, writing, reseach. These are the things I've been paid to do since grad. school. I'm pretty good at figuring things out, but I tend to over-analyze absolutely everything. (And I also can't seem to, say, make a purchase like a buying new jacket without extensively researching and analyzing what's out there, which led me here).

--Music. I was once a music major, mainly a jazz sax player. I didn't get a degree in music, but I spent a few years working as an audio engineer, which paid for my going back to school and getting an English degree. These days I mainly play guitar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou