Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your expertise?

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Quigley Brown said:
I'm really not an expert on anything....more like 'pretty good at.' That'd be....

Being spontaneous. I can't make any plans ahead of time....just last second ones and that can be a lot of fun. That includes photography, too. I'll never shoot a wedding. Since I always have a camera with me those instantaneous shots are the best.

People always told me, "Shoot weddings! There's lots of money in it."

The only reason I shot one wedding, was because I didn't want to shoot two. :D

Lee

5thprofession47

New in Town
My formal education was fine art, but my passion is close combat. I hold several instructor certifications in traditional and eclectic martial arts. I teach WWII and Modern Combatives (empty hand, stick, gun, knife) and serve as a personal safety and security consultant. I continue to seek out training around the United States and have been fortunate enough to train with many noted experts in these areas. In fact I will be leaving tomorrow for a four day training camp!

olive bleu

One Too Many
Desserts.All kinds of them,especially anything that involves truckloads of cream & butter.I particularly have a fondness for Italian desserts...cassata cake,tiramisu,pannetone,ricotta cheesecake,..the more challenging the better.If I could truly take the risk of following my passion, i would be a pastry chef.

oh...and i can gut and clean a fish.

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
Hmm...

I have yet to meet anyone who can speak in a Pee-wee Herman voice as well as I.

I'd also fancy myself an expert at pointing out carcinogenic chemicals in cosmetics. Give me anything out of your medicine cabinet, and I'll scare the pants off ya.

Finally, I'm quite adept at martial arts falling...push me over, and I practically float to the floor. They call me "feather." ;)

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1.) grocery world: Vegetables and fruits. Imported cheeses.

2.) academic world: Ancient Greek and Roman history, religion, politics, literature. But I certainly don't know more than many of my professors.

3.) quirky personal expertise: Sizing up whether someone is lying or dangerous plus remembering all their offhand comments and thus putting together a picture of what they believe about life.

KL15

One of the Regulars
katiemakeup said:
What areas do you fancy yourself an expert in? It can be a hobby, job or passion! People would turn to you for your knowledge on...

For me, it would be makeup. I wouldn't say I was an expert at Golden Age Hollywood history, but I DEVOUR books on the subject and biographies on the stars... and just within the past year have developed a small passion for burlesque performers and history & pinups. Amazing!! oh, and I am somewhat ashamed to admit my vast knowledge of tabloid gossip :rolleyes:

Music. I dedicated a great deal of my life to it. Somehow I became a civil engineer. After that I suppose history.

Corto

A-List Customer
I'd like to fancy myself as an expert on War comic books and "Small Wars" trivia. (I have a vast collection of books on obscure wars and tiny conflicts that has even impressed people who work in that field.) That's about as much as I can crow about.

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
gluegungeisha said:
Hmm...
I have yet to meet anyone who can speak in a Pee-wee Herman voice as well as I.

Fruit or mint?
Fruit please.

You have to meet my husband - he is a master of the Pee Wee voice as well as Don Knotts. lol

As for myself, I feel like a jack of all trades, master of none.

I can shake my junk like the lady in the Amp'd Mobile bus commercial, does that count? lol

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Let's see...expertise? I'd say I know quite a bit about the German POW's in America during WW2 since that's what I did my MA thesis on...

Writing fiction - been studying and writing it for years and years. I also know a lot about the publishing industry itself.

I collect Snoopy, but wouldn't claim to be an expert.

sweetfrancaise

Practically Family
I won't claim to be an expert, but I know books really well, and I'm very good with books for kids. I'm also brilliant at pulling out lame trivia, especially during movies and looking at the bit actors. And I'm told Im good at listening, too. Too good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL