Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

Cinnamon

New in Town
MAC Ruby Woo

Wooooooooooo do I love this shade!

It's been so long since I've worn red lipstick and when I heard on this forum how beautiful it is I just had to buy it.

I received my shipment from MAC in the mail yesterday and I put the lipstick on today. I was blown away at how a red just transformed me. I mean I actually feel.... I don't know...sexy. ;)

But anyways I just had to say thanks to all those who posted about this shade. It's a keeper.:eusa_clap

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
I love my Besame Red Velvet!!!! It's my favourite at the moment!!!I like to change a lot, so maybe tomorrow my favourite lipstick will/is going to be Ruby Woo!!!! (I love it by the way over MAC Red Enriched lip liner!!!!!!!!!)!!

NoraLoy

New in Town
Cinnamon said:
My favorite red shade was made by MAC called Viva Glam I. But they no longer make this particular product, so I bought the MAC Ruby Woo and love it.:D
I believe viva glam 1 is still made,it's still on their website

Smuterella

One Too Many
I've got the Ruby Woo and Lady Danger, both killer reds

MAC colours are superb

Media is a lovely wine colour

Naama

Practically Family
Yeees! ^^

I also had the lady danger, but they don't have it anymore (over here in austria :/ )

But the Ruby Woo is also great! I even like it better then the Dior Lipstic I got for Birthday (but don't tell anyone ;) )

Naama

Cinnamon

New in Town
Naama said:
Yeees! ^^

I also had the lady danger, but they don't have it anymore (over here in austria :/ )

But the Ruby Woo is also great! I even like it better then the Dior Lipstic I got for Birthday (but don't tell anyone ;) )

Naama

I've always wanted to buy a Dior shade, but I think that I have found my staple color.:)

Do you wear any lip liner with your Ruby Woo shade?

Naama

Practically Family
I alwys wear lip liner! Because I think that lipstic withouth it always ends looking not that clean as I want it!
But I just bought a very cheap cherry red one, does the job perfect!

Yes, stick to MAC, it doesn't only look better, it also smells better :)

Naama

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
I finally got the Mac Ruby Woo. I realy love it. I was afraid such a bright red would look awful on me but I have gotten a few complements.

pennycarrol

A-List Customer
Well Ruby Woo is the perfect lipstick!!!!! It suits every women who is proud about/of her lips!!!!! I've just noticed that!!!!!!!!!!!! So ladies be proud of your Ruby Woo, even if you think the contrary!!!!!!!!!!!

live vintageous

Familiar Face
Favorite red-colored lippie is L'oreal Everlasting Liquid lipcolor in Everlasting Love. It is the only red color that isn't too strong to wear with my dark hair and very fair, golden yellow skin. It's not a blue-red, nor is it an orange-red.

It's just perfect - except I'm not crazy about the formula. The everlasting liquid tastes and feels like I'm putting a silicone hair serum on my lips. But I haven't found another red I can wear. Maybe I'll send one of my tubes in to a custom-color company and have them remake it in another form.

SarahLouise

Practically Family
I am in love with a Boots No7 lipstick in the Stay Perfect range called Cherry. It was only £5 as I had a voucher (usually £10 and I wouldn't pay that much just for a Boots product) and it's a gorgeous red, quite similar to Mac's Russian Red. It goes on glossy but it dries to a nice matte finish and unlike other matte lipsticks it doesn't dry up on your lips or fade at all. It's all I've been using lately, I love it!

~*Red*~

Practically Family
right now, my new favorite is Red Majesty by Tangee. I ordered it from VCS. They had 3 colors of red lipstick and matching blushes on clearance, and so I ordered all colors to test them out. The other two reds, were too bright, even pink on my skin, but the red majesty is just perfect! You can see me wearing it in the show us your hairdo's thread.

I'm wearing Rimmel's Lasting Finish Temptation 166. It's a beautiful shade of red, not too bright, not too dark, and it lasts!!!! :eusa_clap

It took me absolutely ages to decide on it!! About 30 minutes and 2 visits. The security guard was following me in the end!
My other favourite is a Boots 17 one, it's bright bright red.

Shocking!

jayem

A-List Customer
I use Revlon's Just Bitten lip stain in Cherry Tart. It looks so classic, I even had somebody remark to me 'You look straight out of the 30s!'

Pina Bridgette

One of the Regulars
Lulu Beauty? Has anyone tried this brand? On a whim, I ordered their lipstick in Gene from Sephora but it hasn't arrived yet. Some reviews seem very complimentary and describe it as very moisturizing and suggest it best worn with lipliner.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P42237&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5669

Bettie
lulubeautybettie.jpg

Gene
lulubeautygene.jpg

Will let you know how it turns out.

P.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR