What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

Discussion in 'Beauty' started by SaraBell, Oct 22, 2006.

1. SaraBell

SaraBell Familiar Face

Hey, I mentioned earlier that my favorite red lipstick is red rhapsody by l'oreal in another post, but I was wondering what everyone else liked to use. I feel like I really need another good shade of red! lol

2. RetroModelSari

RetroModelSari Practically Family

Cherry Red by B?©same :)

3. RetroMom

RetroMom One of the Regulars

I love Besame too.

Cherry Red
    Besame Red
    Red Noir (a really dark color, but great for night's out :D )

On the low price end, I love la Femme. I have been wearing their "Bittersweet" color which is very similar to my favorite Besame color "Carmine".

Loreal Lmtd. Edition Decked in Red is also very nice. I was wearing it yesterday, with no other makeup, and a woman actually came up to me and said what a great color it was.

4. Naama

Naama Practically Family

I love MAC lipsticks, they have a lot of great red shades. At the moment I use Powerhouse, but I want to get a new one, somehow I think I need a more bluish red.

Naama

5. AllaboutEve

AllaboutEve Practically Family

I followed the impeccable advice of Jitterbugdoll and am a hardened fan of Mac's Ruby Woo.
    I also use Chanel's Fire, but it's not the same as the Mac, that has such an authentic matt finish it's just great and SO BRIGHT!!

6. LadyDeWinter

LadyDeWinter A-List Customer

Hello,

My favoured reds are Bobbi Brown's Ruby and Estee Lauder's Black Wine. The Ruby lipstick is translucent, that's good when you don't want the bright full color.

7. Ditto here. LOVE Ruby Woo.
    I also like Loreal's Crimson Joy & Some Like It Scarlett.

8. VanillaT

VanillaT One of the Regulars

Currently, my favorite red is Lumene's "Happy Reds" "In my heart." :eek:

9. AllaboutEve

AllaboutEve Practically Family

I just bought myself Mac's Russian Red today and it's lovely too! looks slightly darker than Ruby Woo.

10. Lauren

Lauren Distinguished Service Award

I also have MAC's Russian Red and Viva Glam I. I also really like Benefit's Bachelor Pad, which on their website looks like it's either been discontinued or is out of stock. That's a shame, it's my favorite of the three I mentioned. I like Besame Red alright, but I don't really like how small they are and my lipstick broke off, and it really didn't stay on very long.

11. Miss_Bella_Hell

Miss_Bella_Hell My Mail is Forwarded Here

I like Fresh's Cranberry Lemonade, and Mac's Ocean Berry for a more sheer shade.

12. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

Revlon Certainly Red -- it looks good on me, it's inexpensive and it doesn't taste funny. (Hey, I'm easily pleased...)

13. Honey Doll

Honey Doll Practically Family

I'm a MAC fanatic

I use MAC's Russian Red, Dubonnet, and Viva Glam I. I used to wear Carnal, but they discontinued it. It was a super deep vixen red.

I have Cherry Red from Beseame as well and it is lovely. I'm a bit more sparing with it though to make it last with that darling case, which is silly, not like a girl can't order more

Honey Doll

14. RaasAlHayya

RaasAlHayya A-List Customer

So far my favorite is Mehru's "Marvelous Melon". It is a real "lip stain" that stays for hours and does not smear, ever. I can go pretty natural with just a light coat of it, or more intense, depending on how many layers I apply.

--Leslie

15. crystalface

crystalface One of the Regulars

It's between Origins Flower Fusion in Poppy or Wet Wild #905.
    (From the medium/high end to the low end. Haha)

16. Paisley

Paisley I'll Lock Up

L'Oreal Classic Wine. It suits my fair, cool complexion.

17. Girl Friday

Girl Friday Practically Family

Clinique, Red Drama is my favorite. I'll have to try the Mac colors as well!

18. kirawoidan

kirawoidan New in Town

I like teak rose from Revlon. It's more muted. I can't wear a real red.

19. mysterygal

mysterygal Call Me a Cab

Mary Kay lipstick in the shade 'redwood'...this has been the only red I've found that works great for me.

20. Avalon

Avalon A-List Customer

NYC Ultra Moist Lipwear in "Retro Red" (just what it sounds like: a strong, blue-based red) and "Sheer Red" (a darker brown-red). In the summer I'll use a red gloss instead - like Milani Glossy Tubes in "Cherry Pop Shine" (looks fuschia on the website, but is a bright, clear red). All of them are drugstore brands, and none of them are over $3. :eusa_clap