Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

Inky

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Cockney looks really pink on the site - no?
I have an AMAZING sheer red called "Oceanberry" from Mac. Don't know if they still make it. Looks like a dark black-red in the tube but looks berry on the lips.

it's described as "Sheer yellow red with multidimensional pearl (Lustre)" on the site and on my computer it does look like a pink-red but on that link I gave earlier (http://bjooti.net/?p=3201&lang=en) it looks more red. I took a chance and ordered a tube.

I really needed a sheer red so I'm giving it a whirl!

Lenore

Practically Family
Okay, ladies, I'm in love... beautiful, complimentary, easy going... and cheap.

I'm in love with a drugstore lip liner.

The brand is called Prestige, which I found at my local Walgreens. The shade, appropriately enough, is called "Amore." It's a true red, which is so hard for me to find that looks right on my odd skin tone. Line, fill in, and coat with gloss and my love affair continues.... Don't tell my husband.

Inky

One Too Many
more on Cockney by MAC from a favorite blog:

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-euristocrats-ii-collection-review-thoughts

Especially interesting is this quote: "I was actually a bit surprised that some of the lipsticks ended up being so sheer, but for the color shy, you’ll definitely want to check out these new lipsticks! Particularly Cockney, which is likely to be a wearable red for those a bit wary of red lipsticks like Russian Red."

So if you are afraid of red lippies, you may want to head to your MAC counter and give it a test drive. It's not matte, but it might be sheer enough to be a comfortable red for you.

crazydaisy

Practically Family
Lenore, I am buying Prestige lip liner as well! They got a few good shades, the one I bought to start with is 201 Poppy, an orange-red, but will go back for more. Nice texture, lovely colours and good price too!

crazydaisy

Practically Family
...and like you're saying, can wear it all over the lip, instead of lipstick! I found that if Ifiled my lip didn't really need to add lipstick on top of it!

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
Inky said:
more on Cockney by MAC from a favorite blog:

http://www.temptalia.com/mac-euristocrats-ii-collection-review-thoughts

Especially interesting is this quote: "I was actually a bit surprised that some of the lipsticks ended up being so sheer, but for the color shy, you’ll definitely want to check out these new lipsticks! Particularly Cockney, which is likely to be a wearable red for those a bit wary of red lipsticks like Russian Red."

So if you are afraid of red lippies, you may want to head to your MAC counter and give it a test drive. It's not matte, but it might be sheer enough to be a comfortable red for you.

Ooh thanks Inky! I have a coral shade of Mac Lustre and I like that it's very moisturising and also easy to apply on the go, I might check this out!

Shirin

A-List Customer
Have any of you ladies tried Palladio?
2056920.jpg

This is the Palladio Pure Red,

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
I love Clinique's Long Last Soft Matte lipstick in Red Hot. I also like Rimmel's Ballistic, which is more of a blue-red (and nothing like the color the Rimmel web site shows). Lately I've been wearing a fun orangey-red I found at Kohl's called "Fling."

lindylady

A-List Customer
Right now, I'm into Revlon's new line of matte lipsticks. My favorite is an understated brick red called In The Red.

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
Now I want to leave work on my lunch break and cruise the drugstore for new lipstick colors.

Darhling, I'm interested in the Maybelline superstay. About how long did it last? The color near the center of my mouth tends to fade or come off so I'm left with color just around the edges (ugh, clown-mouth....) I also tend to find a lot of the long-wear too lipsticks drying.

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
HazelSmutCrunch said:
Now I want to leave work on my lunch break and cruise the drugstore for new lipstick colors.

Darhling, I'm interested in the Maybelline superstay. About how long did it last? The color near the center of my mouth tends to fade or come off so I'm left with color just around the edges (ugh, clown-mouth....) I also tend to find a lot of the long-wear too lipsticks drying.

Well I went to a rockabilly festival put it on mid afternoon and danced all night, had dinner and lots of drinks.. I woke up the next morning with perfectly red lips!! It stays on!! And it's the only long lasting one that doesn't dry out my lips. it comes with a balm too, but as the night progressed I forgot all about it, but my lips weren't dry in the morning, but not their usual super plump self either.. but still! I am very impressed!!

Blondie

Practically Family
Darhling said:
Well I went to a rockabilly festival put it on mid afternoon and danced all night, had dinner and lots of drinks.. I woke up the next morning with perfectly red lips!! It stays on!! And it's the only long lasting one that doesn't dry out my lips. it comes with a balm too, but as the night progressed I forgot all about it, but my lips weren't dry in the morning, but not their usual super plump self either.. but still! I am very impressed!!

I NEVER have any luck with those colourstay lipsticks, after a few hours i just end up with it left around the outline of my mouth, it also peels and flakes & dries my lips out something terrible. :mad:

lefabulexmia

New in Town
i recently got a free mini tube of shiseido perfect rouge cant remember the name exactly but i think it was dragon or valentine really nice light cherry colour at least on me : )

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Darhling said:

I use Maybelline Superstay too and it stays on pretty well, but they don't come in that many different shades, at least no here in Denmark. The red we can get here is too warm for me, so I don't use it very often. But it really does stay put without being very drying.

Blondie said:
I NEVER have any luck with those colourstay lipsticks, after a few hours i just end up with it left around the outline of my mouth, it also peels and flakes & dries my lips out something terrible. :mad:

This is true of most colorstay lipsticks but the Maybelline one is different.

Mary

Practically Family
I'm your witness! It is great. Unfortunatly I don't look good in that colour. I tried it in the store. (If you decide to do the same, make sure they have make-up remover at hand.:p )

Darhling said:

Inky

One Too Many
I received my MAC Cockney last week and wore it on the 4th. It was exactly what I was looking for, a good red for me and sheer/lightweight for summer. I did have to reapply it more often than a matte like Russian Red, but at least I didn't feel like I was wearing halloween wax lips all day! Click here for a bigger image.

3693951759_7ed61a6741.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24