Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

GoddessMama

One of the Regulars
I am going to have to try that! I have found that I am a more orangey red gal and the blues look horrid on me. One I found to day is called Wicked by High Wattage at Kohls. I love it and its the first red I have found I like on me.

Dora Ainsworth

New in Town
I'm really pale but I have really pink undertones in my skin that make matching reds rather difficult. I've found a China red that works well with my skin tone and doesn't make me look like a tramp. I use L'Oreal's Colour Riche - Penelope's Red and I LOVE it.:D

chicanoir

New in Town
blue and orange

my favorites...both are long lasting

MAC-Ruby-Woo.jpg

blue-tone red * MAC's ruby woo * SUPER matte

nars-jungle-red_300.jpg

orange-tone red * NARS' jungle red * matte lite

SheBear74

Practically Family
Um at what point do you stop buying red lipstick??? lol I think I have all the red shades that you can find at Walgreens, Target, and CVS... I even told myself last week to just stick with what I have since I have a favorite already. Then today at Target I found the Infallible red made specially for Target, so I bought that one. Then I had to go to Walgreens and sure enough Wet and Wild had 2 new shades... I think I need and intervention...:eek:

bellabella327

One of the Regulars
I found the Revlon Matte ones at my %.99 sote for $1! just a day after I bought them from CVS...oh well. I do like the colors, but it is not my fav red (In the Red). I do like the Fab Fig and Wine Not though. IMO, Wine Not is a dupe for MAC's Viva Glam III though!

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
Dora Ainsworth said:
I'm really pale but I have really pink undertones in my skin that make matching reds rather difficult. I've found a China red that works well with my skin tone and doesn't make me look like a tramp. I use L'Oreal's Colour Riche - Penelope's Red and I LOVE it.:D

I'm a fan of Penelope Red, too, but I've had to look further afield as it just doesn't last on me, nor am I too fond of L'oreal's animal testing policies. MAC's Ladybug is pretty similar on me, though.

If I want something that's definitely staying put, I haul out the Illamasqua Maneater (gotta love the name!) or the Besame Red Velvet.

bunnyb.gal

Practically Family
It's true - there are so many cosmetics companies out there who sell cruelty-free products that these days we are spoiled for choice. I wish the same could be said for shoes...:(

GoddessMama

One of the Regulars
Dh got me Sephora Rouge R04 and I love the color. It needs to be toned down a bit with a brown/pink lip liner but I do love it. Although I am having trouble with ti wandering on my face, it bleeds. Its there a way to get it to stay put?

Mrs Cleaver

One of the Regulars
I put foundation over my lips,fill in my lips with the pencil then apply the lipstick & blot with a tissue then reapply.I do that a few times,hopefully that will help:) Apparently Elizabeth taylor used to blot & reapply heaps of times like 20 or something like that!

BoPeep

Practically Family
!!!Calling all stay-at-home moms!!!

As one myself, I'm often undecided about lipstick as part of my daily routine. Don't exactly need it to hang laundry and bake cookies, but it sure is fun to wear! But as SheBear noted, the supply keeps growing. I just found Revlon's Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze and think it's a really nice "everyday" sort. It's a gloss that goes on smooth, doesn't dry out and isn't too intense. It does kiss-off a bit though so warn the husband. I bought Stay Ablaze which isn't nearly as bright as it sounds, just a nice medium, blue-toned shade. And the best part is, I'm wearing it almost every day now! Woohoo I'll be able to buy a new tube in . . . six more months . . . ? lol

SheBear74

Practically Family
BoPeep said:
!!!Calling all stay-at-home moms!!!

As one myself, I'm often undecided about lipstick as part of my daily routine. Don't exactly need it to hang laundry and bake cookies, but it sure is fun to wear! But as SheBear noted, the supply keeps growing. I just found Revlon's Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze and think it's a really nice "everyday" sort. It's a gloss that goes on smooth, doesn't dry out and isn't too intense. It does kiss-off a bit though so warn the husband. I bought Stay Ablaze which isn't nearly as bright as it sounds, just a nice medium, blue-toned shade. And the best part is, I'm wearing it almost every day now! Woohoo I'll be able to buy a new tube in . . . six more months . . . ? lol

Lol your not helping my addiction!!! I am a stay at home mom/housewife too :)

SheBear74

Practically Family
Puzzicato said:
I just dust a little over with a powder puff, and then brush the excess off with a kabuki.

Thanks! I know they are silly questions, but hey I haven't tried that before. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran