Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your favorite red lipstick brand/shade?

Lillemor

One Too Many
Lareesie Ladavi said:
I have naturally red/purple lips, and let me tell you, lipstick alone, will not work on me. I have to mix, as well. I have been known to mix black and brown eyeliners into my lipstick.

Mine are naturally very pink and I think that shows in all photos because regardless of how wine, berry, brown, beige or something else a lipstick looks in the tube and in "real" life, everything looks pink on my lips in photos, at least if the lighting's good so I think my natural shade shines through most. I may have to accept that mixing is the only way.

Most online advice on red lipstick says that it's only the fairest people who may be able to wear true reds. Especially olive complexioned people generally look better in brown/reds, orange/reds; think deep coral, and pink reds. I'm just a little tired of pink reds. Brown/reds are often ruddy and ruddy colors don't really suit me nor do dusty colors. I can wear pretty much any color as long as it's clear when it comes to clothes.

Inky

One Too Many
I love red lipstick - tried to wear a pale nude yesterday and my husband was like oh, no wear red, your lips look like dead liver! Love you too, honey ;)

My new favorite red is the Sephora Red 10th Anniversary Limited Edition - the case is soooo pretty and the lippie is a brick blue-red base, very moist, not as heavily pigmented as my go-to Russian Red, but it stayed on well during a night of swing dancing.

Here I am wearing it over the weekend

2974655229_dece4ba525_m.jpg

Blondie

Practically Family
ohhhhhhhhhh Inky that sure is a pretty red ! Hmm will have to go look at it when i go to MAC, i have an inkling ( pardon the pun Inky ) that this is gonna be an expensive trip to the mall ;)

Inky

One Too Many
Blondie said:
ohhhhhhhhhh Inky that sure is a pretty red ! Hmm will have to go look at it when i go to MAC, i have an inkling ( pardon the pun Inky ) that this is gonna be an expensive trip to the mall ;)

LOL I like the pun (better than when people tell me oh hey, i had a dog named Inky!)

It's a Sephora brand lipstick that I am wearing in the picture - unless you meant the Russian Red, which is Mac, and my absolute favorite red....at the moment.

I'm lipstick-fickle, I admit it! :D

Blondie

Practically Family
When i go to MAC to look at the "Red, she said" lipstick that someone else mentioned will also go by Sephora and look at your lipstick Inky
..... and i am sure to come home with a load of stuff i didn't know i needed !

Inky

One Too Many
Let me know how you like that "red, she said," Blondie. I was checking it out online. Mercifully the Sephora store and the Mac counter are both 30 minutes away from me, one north and one south, so I "try" to limit my damage.

have fun shopping!!

Inky

One Too Many
Blondie - I was at the MAC counter at Macy's last night (oh how I wish we had a full-on MAC store!!) and saw the "Red, she said" lippie. It is very pretty, a blue-red, slight gloss, it felt very moist on my lips. I didn't get it as I have too many red lipsticks already (oh, the self-control!) and was buying Fluidline, a brush and brush cleaner ;)

But...it's on my wishlist that's for sure! Did you check it out yet?

Vegan_Kitty

New in Town
Garnet Red from the body shop is one i wear the most, but sometimes I wear the RED shade from B never too busy to be beautiful, its quite a pinky red though and fades quite quickly.

Miss Molly

New in Town
At the moment I wear Revlon Volcanic Red (I think!) and it's a lovely colour and texture. Very smooth. But I have a fairly yellow skin tone and I'm really looking for a more matte colour which would suit me. Does anyone have any suggestions?! Thanks! Miss Molly

Orchids Dream

New in Town
Kiss of Death & Raven Red

:eusa_clap My absolute favorite reds are "Kiss of Death" (Manic Panic) deep blood red, "Raven Red" (Revlon") dark red and it is harder to get than a haircut!

Blondie

Practically Family
Inky said:
Blondie - I was at the MAC counter at Macy's last night (oh how I wish we had a full-on MAC store!!) and saw the "Red, she said" lippie. It is very pretty, a blue-red, slight gloss, it felt very moist on my lips. I didn't get it as I have too many red lipsticks already (oh, the self-control!) and was buying Fluidline, a brush and brush cleaner ;)

But...it's on my wishlist that's for sure! Did you check it out yet?

YES,
the Sephora Limited Edition Red was too dark for me,
however did manage to spend some serious $$$ in Sephora ;)
BUT the Red She Said was purrrrrrrrrrfect !

LawnFlamingo

Familiar Face
puretxnxt:
I tried a Kat Von D lipstick ("Underage Red" is the color I have) and found it to be incredibly drying. I can only wear it if i slather on some lip balm first. It does stay put though, I'll give it that.

ScotchWhisky

Familiar Face
My absolute favourite is Mac's Dubbonet, which is a gorgeous shade of red with a really nice, long-wearing, non-feathering formula. I also like Mac Viva Glam VI for when I want a lighter shade; it's wonderfully versatile and will take on the tones of whatever liner you use. It can be sheer or darkish depending on how you apply it.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
jayem said:
I also have discovered I love 'Lady Bug' from Mac.

Ha! No joke, I just bought some today. It's a nice warm orangy-red, with a little bit of moisture so my lips don't look like the Crypt Keeper.
Photo273-1.jpg

Sorry for the crazy!face. It's been a long day.

I use Kat Von D's liquid eyeliner pretty frequently. It has the easiest to use applicator that I've ever seen. It's also a shimmery black, and a bit less stark on my eyes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran