Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What is your next VS?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
DOES NOT have to be real...let`s dream away....

My next next one (next one is a secret) is:

(autumn time)

A Mojave full weight with a red liner, 2" brim, diamond bash, not sure about the grosgrain - same color or light brown, box bow.

And I`d love a silver mist too...

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
gtdean48 said:
ArtLite, Blue Smoke, 2 3/4" bound brim, Open Road ribbon, like Jeff Bridges' Seabiscuit hat. Hopefully in Art's current queue.

Wow gtdean!!! You have this one in the queue and you have the one from the Major coming in two weeks......Christmas is coming early at your place!!! :) :) :)

JP

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
I'm contemplating one of the following; I'm hoping Art will help me narrow down the choices:

1. Jazzman in lightweight mojave
2. Whippet in lightweight blue smoke with wide brim binding matching the felt and black or charcoal wide ribbon (2" or more)--this is the most likely candidate
3. A porkpie/telescope with 2" or 2 3/8" brim in lightweight blue smoke, with a cream or ivory pleated pug on the following idea (yeah, I know the photo is of a straw telescope, but I imagine it would look good in felt):
sinatra-frank-studio-5001154.jpg

Thoughts?

Viper Man

Banned
gtdean48 said:
ArtLite, Blue Smoke, 2 3/4" bound brim, Open Road ribbon, like Jeff Bridges' Seabiscuit hat. Hopefully in Art's current queue.

Sweet! I am really looking forward to seeing this one. I also am dreaming of a feather weight, thin ribbon fedora from Art. I initially had blue smoke in mind.

jazzncocktails said:
I'm contemplating one of the following; I'm hoping Art will help me narrow down the choices:

2. Whippet in lightweight blue smoke with wide brim binding matching the felt and black or charcoal wide ribbon (2" or more)--this is the most likely candidate
3. A porkpie/telescope with 2" or 2 3/8" brim in lightweight blue smoke, with a cream or ivory pleated pug on the following idea (yeah, I know the photo is of a straw telescope, but I imagine it would look good in felt):
sinatra-frank-studio-5001154.jpg

Thoughts?

I am a big fan of the porkpie but I think all of your choices would be excellent.

kaosharper1

One Too Many
I have one coming soon (August). I'm seeing a light-weight blue smoke Jazzman with a 2 3/8" overwelted brim and 6" crown deep creased to be like the C&K Aerial. I'm starting to lean towards narrower brims and tall crowns.

duggap

Banned
Well I already have six of Art's beauties. As a practicing addict I have one on order that should be shipping out in a few days. It is the Route 66 done in silver mist with a dark blue ribbon and Art's signature treatment on the bow will have a burgundy line in it.:p Someone needs to do an intervention.:D

JPMcAdara

Familiar Face
duggap said:
Well I already have six of Art's beauties. As a practicing addict I have one on order that should be shipping out in a few days. It is the Route 66 done in silver mist with a dark blue ribbon and Art's signature treatment on the bow will have a burgundy line in it.:p Someone needs to do an intervention.:D

I am excited to see the dark blue ribbon. I really think that will be a great color for that hat.

JP

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
kaosharper1 said:
I have one coming soon (August). I'm seeing a light-weight blue smoke Jazzman with a 2 3/8" overwelted brim and 6" crown deep creased to be like the C&K Aerial. I'm starting to lean towards narrower brims and tall crowns.
Sounds fantastic--I'm looking forward to the pics!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
jazzncocktails said:

Thoughts?

These might be the best, and toughest, choices I've ever seen. The Sinatra hat, as basically a variation on the Spumoni (I think), sounds incredible.

lc1484

One of the Regulars
I just put my order in last week for VS custom number 3...

I wanted something along the lines of my last "thin blue line hat"...so it will be about 5 1/4 crown, 2 inch or less stingy (I'm leaving it up to Art)

Camel, with either a bronze or copper band (no bow this time) more of the layering looking one...

can't wait.

Larry

Topdog

Familiar Face
Art should be finishing mine up this week. My third work of Art.

Artlite felt, Blue Smoke. 2-1/2 brim, enough crown for Super deep Maltese Falcon Bash , over welt stitched brim and 16 ligne medium gray ribbon with his special treatment.

Mulceber

Practically Family
Seems like Blue Smoke is quite the popular option. I've got a Work of Art coming in that will be in Blue Smoke with possibly a dark gray ribbon. Not sure about the rest of the details though, as I'm leaving that up to Art. Most likely a relatively tall crown and medium/wide brim. -M

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Lefty said:
These might be the best, and toughest, choices I've ever seen. The Sinatra hat, as basically a variation on the Spumoni (I think), sounds incredible.
Nice call, Lefty! I hadn't realized it, but you're right: the hat I propose is essentially a variation on the Spumoni as defined on Art's site. Maybe a slightly taller crown, and the pug instead of the ribbon...and of course, the blue smoke felt. Otherwise, that's it exactly. Thanks for helping me see that!

duggap

Banned
Mulceber said:
Seems like Blue Smoke is quite the popular option. I've got a Work of Art coming in that will be in Blue Smoke with possibly a dark gray ribbon. Not sure about the rest of the details though, as I'm leaving that up to Art. Most likely a relatively tall crown and medium/wide brim. -M
I have the Brooklyn in blue smoke. I left it up to Art and he chose a navy ribbon. It really looks good. It is my most dressy hat. Blue smoke is very easy to wear with your wardrobe.:)

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Hmmm....

A lightweight Squatter in Sahara but with a taller, straighter crown, say 5 3/4", same 3" x 2 7/8" brim, same, 1 1/4" ribbon -

but with blue and gold stripes and thin burgundy stripes in there somewhere.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
My next VS will be... [huh]

It will depend strongly on the fruits of a brainstorming session. I have many ideas, but none that can be called complete without the master's input. I do have my eye on two felt colors, though. Black and Whiskey!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot