Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

It light in terms of weight, 5.9 lbs without belt. But still heavier than regular Schott jacket, and it feels heavier than actual weight, leather is very pliable and comfortable reminds me Vanson, I am satisfied.

That was my experience with the Legendary CHP. Deceptively heavy, it felt heavier than what is was, though mine had a slightly heavier actual weight if I recall correctly. Nice jacket.

Edit:: yes, mine was a bit over 6 lbs— but felt like more.

Hh121

Banned
That was my experience with the Legendary CHP. Deceptively heavy, it felt heavier than what is was, though mine had a slightly heavier actual weight if I recall correctly. Nice jacket.

Edit:: yes, mine was a bit over 6 lbs— but felt like more.
I remembered the grain on your jacket is superb, mine doesn't has the pronounced grain yet

This 70’s Taylor’s, despite having almost every single feature I loath in a jacket has become my favorite. Too bad the color doesn’t reflect properly in the pic. It is navy blue. I have forgiven it’s sins: elastic, huge patch pockets, shortish sleeve...another bargain buy that just feels right. Neighbor, please don’t laugh at the man on his porch next door.
C255D40D-238F-42E2-B99A-25938FC178CA.jpeg

Hh121

Banned
This 70’s Taylor’s, despite having almost every single feature I loath in a jacket has become my favorite. Too bad the color doesn’t reflect properly in the pic. It is navy blue. I have forgiven it’s sins: elastic, huge patch pockets, shortish sleeve...another bargain buy that just feels right. Neighbor, please don’t laugh at the man on his porch next door.
View attachment 200744
I guess your neighbor won't bother you anymore.....
Super jacket.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many
View attachment 200744
That is Just a tool of a jacket... Superb!

That is Just a tool of a jacket... Superb!
It really is. 5 interior pockets, quilted liner and storm cuffs. Does it all! I’m finding a bit more joy in discovering vintage gems these days. My modest collection only has one jacket that cost more than $200 but somehow I’m at my happiest place with them. No show stoppers or beauty queens but a decent little group of interesting and varied styles.

It's light in terms of weight, 5.9 lbs without belt. But still heavier than regular Schott jacket, and it feels heavier than actual weight, leather is very pliable and comfortable reminds me Vanson, I am satisfied.
Color looks an awful lot like Stu’s russet. Just say’n. That shade of brown is fairly unmistakable.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
It really is. 5 interior pockets, quilted liner and storm cuffs. Does it all! I’m finding a bit more joy in discovering vintage gems these days. My modest collection only has one jacket that cost more than $200 but somehow I’m at my happiest place with them. No show stoppers or beauty queens but a decent little group of interesting and varied styles.

That's been my experience too. My favourite jacket - a calfskin utility jacket - cost me $20 from a thrift shop. The $1200 custom job isn't necessarily a pathway to jacket happiness. I recently got a hand made bike jacket - a 3/4 length in 3oz leather that had been worn twice, for $200 Aust. It's made by Mars, my favourite local maker who no longer makes them. I think it's from the 1990's. Score!

That's been my experience too. My favourite jacket - a calfskin utility jacket - cost me $20 from a thrift shop. The $1200 custom job isn't necessarily a pathway to jacket happiness. I recently got a hand made bike jacket - a 3/4 length in 3oz leather that had been worn twice, for $200 Aust. It's made by Mars, my favourite local maker who no longer makes them. I think it's from the 1990's. Score!
It’s funny but this is how I started in this hobby and suspect that’s how I’ll end in it.

Last edited:

ksozay

One Too Many
9+Lbs LW J23. My heaviest jacket, it is stellar.

View attachment 200059
^ From my ride this past weekend. This jacket is certainly cut slimmer than both the CHP and PJ27. Making it exceptional for riding. The AB work flawlessly, sleeves do not ride up, thick and protective leather, sturdy zip. @roadking04 Definitely check out LW for your next riding jacket. The J23 is the best that I own, due to the slimmer cut in the body as well as the sleeves. This is the way to go if you go LW. The CHP also is very good though.

View attachment 200060
^ From my recent trip to Cincy for some client meetings.

View attachment 200061

^Just before heading out one night in Cincy. I have a tank top undershirt, Henley long-sleeve and cotton vest underneath the jacket. It was pretty darn cold for this S FL boy and the jacket performed flawlessly. I like that I can wear with only a T or add some basic layers if required. It's not an either/or jacket.

Highly recommend you try the Speed Demon. Trust me! Stuart makes a hell of a jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 200744
if you buy eyelet crimper, you can make any of your jacket a COP jacket you know...
give a pair of eyelets on the chest, bamm instant "suspended" detective look :D

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
View attachment 200744
I think it's cool, sometimes our beater jackets just win our attention and become go to, they are comfortable and we just throw them on and forget about it, awsome

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21