Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Colin G

One Too Many
Colin, that is great! How can this possibly look even better than your original photo....?!? Do you have sizing info?
Wear it in good health!

Thanks Tom. Jacket is a size 40 (I am a 39" chest) and I could wear a thin insulator vest, sweater or a thick denim or flannel shirt and be fine. Movement is good with no restrictions. A 38 would have been too tight on me.

Robbie79

Call Me a Cab
Cold today so I was able to give this Freewheelers jacket a try. The sleeves are a bit long, but I have short arms so not much I can do about that. Otherwise, I really like it. I was worried I would not like the slightly flared cut but I dig it.

View attachment 233969

View attachment 233970
@Colin G I'm glad that the Switchyard fits you so well and is looking really good on you. Congratulations!

jpk_NJ

One Too Many
Aero Leather "New Jersey" Teamster, custom modified by @jpk_NJ.

Nice! Looks much better on you as it was just 1/2 size too big for me. Maybe one day they'll allow the various custom options again and I can order one of these in black. I requested the heaviest Battered Tan and they delivered on that one. Enjoy it and break it in!

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
C164F85C-25F4-456D-86AE-1776D05C5678.jpeg

LW CHP on Mother’s Day playing a song to my Mom.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
New to me Hein Gericke jacket that @Monitor had posted in the Finds and Deals thread. The jacket has little to no wear, the leather is soft and thick, but it had an extremely strong smell mix of damp and some kind of fragrance. I emailed the seller to ask what the smell was so I could work on getting rid of it and he told me that he "he doesn't have a sense of smell but his wife had mentioned it was a bit musty smelling so he'd aired it out for a few days". I think his wife might have had it packed with dryer sheets for a while too. I've treated it with an ozone generator for around 80 minutes and aired it out for a few days and the smell is bearable if not completely gone. I'll continue airing it out as much as possible to hopefully erase that smell permanently during the Summer. Overall the jacket is great quality and fits and looks amazing so I'll go through the work necessary to wear it.

4orTcpCh.jpg

D8AJDrCh.jpg
JhuGsoVh.jpg
zbm7O6rh.jpg
u8vtVcHh.jpg

New to me Hein Gericke jacket that @Monitor had posted in the Finds and Deals thread. The jacket has little to no wear, the leather is soft and thick, but it had an extremely strong smell mix of damp and some kind of fragrance. I emailed the seller to ask what the smell was so I could work on getting rid of it and he told me that he "he doesn't have a sense of smell but his wife had mentioned it was a bit musty smelling so he'd aired it out for a few days". I think his wife might have had it packed with dryer sheets for a while too. I've treated it with an ozone generator for around 80 minutes and aired it out for a few days and the smell is bearable if not completely gone. I'll continue airing it out as much as possible to hopefully erase that smell permanently during the Summer. Overall the jacket is great quality and fits and looks amazing so I'll go through the work necessary to wear it.

4orTcpCh.jpg

D8AJDrCh.jpg
JhuGsoVh.jpg
zbm7O6rh.jpg
u8vtVcHh.jpg

Perfect fit, looks amazing. Airing it out is well worth the effort.

Mrfrown

One Too Many

4orTcpCh.jpg

D8AJDrCh.jpg
JhuGsoVh.jpg
zbm7O6rh.jpg
u8vtVcHh.jpg

Deal of the year indeed. Looks great, especially when zipped (thats my take on crosszips in general).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points