What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Monitor

Monitor

I wish I went with you guys... ;_;

2. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

Thank you so much!!

Mrfrown likes this.
  3. ton312

ton312

One of my all time fav movies.

4. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

The HD Sportster finally arrived. Excellent. Pattern makes for great fit and the leather is beautiful. All original zips, pulls, and label perfect. Hardly worn. Lightweight too.

Added some pics of the Jelado. Lighting does not do the jacket justice. Beautiful leather, I dig the lining and cool label. I like jackets with stars or bars on the epaulets and studwork. Another lightweight jacket. My wife says the jacket is bedazzled. I told her to make me a sammich and then beat feet. Lol. She responded as you expect.

37A2C3BB-778E-4E03-BACC-11E262BC2EFD.jpeg 36332B5F-1982-4B01-A739-4066C1FA928C.jpeg 963A5C35-E776-4A01-AEE9-2A4EF9227F1C.jpeg FA011BA8-E36E-49B3-8E61-2BF2A1E78492.jpeg

5. Downunder G Man

Downunder G Man One Too Many

Simmons Bilt J100 in black goat today. After our "Burger King" Bacon Angus feast ( Hungry Jack's in Australia ).

And that was after morning coffee and Guinness at 2 different stops by the perennial Indian Ocean.

Simmons Bilt J100 August 15th.jpg

So today it's under the Peppermint trees by a 4 lane blacktop.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  6. JMax

Taking my boy bowling. Harley CR.

DCF4EF6C-C8A8-4407-8046-E2C1782B763E.jpeg

7. Monitor

Monitor

I know, you recommended it to me! :D

ton312 likes this.
  8. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Type3, dunno not really a cap person, but this might be subtle enough to work
    Screenshot_20200816-135550_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200816-145359_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200816-145417_Gallery.jpg
    Looks better with the orange sheep jacket, actually it compliments it so I can wear that jacket more... cool.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  9. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

I would try it with your vegtan natural jacket :)

navetsea likes this.
  10. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

navetsea likes this.
  11. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

:D:DI'm sailing the web

I mean none of the other cap style works for me, they are too classic, and to formal for my hair and general look, this one kinda work also mostly dark, this one is dark gray herringbone, doesn't really grab attention to it

12. JMax

Langlitz Goat. Buttery soft.

F5C1EBE7-47D4-440F-91BD-A7321E3A878D.jpeg

13. Tom71

Tom71 A-List Customer

What a great look, Monitor! Not for me, but just great!

Monitor likes this.
  14. Monitor

Monitor

I think it's cool. I dig. There's this dude that often goes to the same bar I do and wears this kinda cap ALL the time, although at an impossible angle and I don't know how it stays on. Anyway, it looks really cool. My ex thought it makes him really hot.

Thanks, Tom! :)

navetsea likes this.
  15. JMax

And with that final sentence, @navetsea was totally sold on the cap. He will now wear it to sleep.

AbbaDatDeHat and navetsea like this.
  16. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

:D:D:D

JMax likes this.
  17. Dredgen Yor

Dredgen Yor New in Town

So true, I’ve found only a couple after scouring the web, thank you! A definite grail piece for myself in vintage brown like this one, Do you know roughly when they will produce this exact color and model? Is the taper from the chest measurement more or less severe than a San Mateo or la brea? I am between sizes (42 vs 44) my measurements are 5’11, 180lbs, 42” chest, 19” shoulders, 36” waist. Thank you for any information you may be able to provide.

Attached Files:

MrProper, Kuro and JMax like this.
  18. SpencerD.

SpencerD. Familiar Face

Today I’m wearing my new Aero Highwayman that I just bought from Thurston Bros through eBay. It’s been tough for me to find an Aero that fits as the Aero factory refused to work with my dimensions. Fortunately Thurston had one that was created close enough to my dimensions that it works. Needless to say I love the jacket and cannot wait to get some good breaking in done! It is in the brown Chromexcel HH and I am in love.

Attached Files:

19. trainspotter

trainspotter One of the Regulars

@SpencerD. congratulations on your new jacket, looks awesome. A suggestion for your future purchases with Thurston. Instead of ordering from their eBay store, try and drop them a mail or call Carrie directly. You can find contact details on https://www.thurston-bros.com/

They will give you a better price since they no longer have to pay eBay fees. Its a decent amount, around 10% lesser than whatever best offer they would be willing to accept on ebay

SpencerD. likes this.
  20. red devil

red devil Call Me a Cab

The centinela is definitely more tapered than the La Brea, can't say for sure where the San Mateo stands though

SpencerD. and Dredgen Yor like this.