Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Dav

One Too Many
What a fine English summer day :D
At least it's jacket weather.
ELC A-1
DSC_0553 (2).JPG

Hh121

Banned
Nice. Which hide is it? I have a 'warm weather leather' in a Westec Raiders in Goat, but bene cosidering a Temple in one of their heavier leathers, perhaps the Novapelle.
Thanks, it is dark novapelle, very nice hide, I requested using heaviest hide but they did not fulfill my request as it is only 3.3 lbs, it usually weights more than 4 lbs around size 42.

Edward

Bartender
Thanks, it is dark novapelle, very nice hide, I requested using heaviest hide but they did not fulfill my request as it is only 3.3 lbs, it usually weights more than 4 lbs around size 42.

Still fairly weighty for Wested's hide range, bearing in mind they do so much in lamb....

Hh121

Banned
Picked this up yesterday. Aero Highwayman(e). It’s going to Dena for belt relocation. The Aero Halfbeltwayman(e) is born.
View attachment 254850
View attachment 254852
View attachment 254854
I will remove this unsightly bulge:
View attachment 254851
View attachment 254853
Best highwayman fit I have ever seen so far, the only concern from my experience is even though it looks perfect it may not be so comfortable, but I guess it doesn't matter if you got fit like this.

Best highwayman fit I have ever seen so far, the only concern from my experience is even though it looks perfect it may not be so comfortable, but I guess it doesn't matter if you got fit like this.
Thanks HH, it's actually quite tame to wear. Honestly I would have thought it was a heavy batch of vic if I didn't know better. Only weighs about 5.5lbs.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Beautiful!
CHP with straight zip is my dream jacket, going to ask JL made one for me in the future, the price is to sell all my LW.

No doubt JL can build an amazing straight-zip CHP, just ask @Psant25 . But Aero, and the TB's fit process also can build a more form-fitting Chips. I think the 2-inch taper would work well for you. TB has got a bunch of leather options too, not just the CXL. Badalassi being my favorite. Since you don't ride, the smaller zips Aero uses are less of an issue, though Dena can square you away if needed. Just a thought. Unlike my LW CHP with all the "biker" accouterments, a simplified CHP is very versatile. Definitely go for it.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
That would have an impact on the already trim sleeve diameter.
no not all the way, just make it waisted a little on the position you plan for the belt, just take in the side panel a bit there make it curved inward just a little bit. perhaps only opening the seam between back panel to size panel, and leave the seam of front panel to side panel alone not to mess with handwarmer, I make waisted Type3 that way, I didn't even break open the seam, just pinch from inside on the waist, draw curve from armpit to hemline, and sew a new dart right on the edge of the panel so it is hidden from outside, but that's because I don't have sewing machine, and it is only a denim jacket.

Last edited:

Hh121

Banned
No doubt JL can build an amazing straight-zip CHP, just ask @Psant25 . But Aero, and the TB's fit process also can build a more form-fitting Chips. I think the 2-inch taper would work well for you. TB has got a bunch of leather options too, not just the CXL. Badalassi being my favorite. Since you don't ride, the smaller zips Aero uses are less of an issue, though Dena can square you away if needed. Just a thought. Unlike my LW CHP with all the "biker" accouterments, a simplified CHP is very versatile. Definitely go for it.
Thanks.
But no TB (I once asked TB the weight of their Vanson B the answer I got is they want to me to pay first then they can give me the answer) or Aero or others, JL is only place I would place a custom order.

Last edited:

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Thanks.
But no TB (I once asked TB the weight of their Vanson B the answer I got is they want to me to pay first then they can give me the answer) or Aero or others, JL is only place I would place a custom order.

Why don't you go for a straight zip mc for your 6 oz project? This style looks insanely cool in heavy leather, I always cant stop looking at these old Cal Straight Zips when they come up and much easier and therefore less expensive and less risky first project?

Hh121

Banned
Why don't you go for a straight zip mc for your 6 oz project? This style looks insanely cool in heavy leather, I always cant stop looking at these old Cal Straight Zips when they come up and much easier and therefore less expensive and less risky first project?
Yes, the 6oz d pocket jacket is mainly use as winter jacket with quilted lining at both body and sleeves, the cross zip type jacket also looks visually heavier than straight zip, that's why it's my idea winter jacket.
If I ever go another straight zipper CHP with JL, it will be spring and fall jacket with heavy satin lining and lighter hide (4oz).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112