Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Easy morning has passed, back to breaking in, with thick sweater on the back gusset creaks as i breathe, and cuff wont zip. But who cares
Screenshot_20200827-095126_Gallery.jpg

Whitters

One of the Regulars
Good morning folks I need your collective advice.
Yesterday I received my first MC jacket (purchased via classifieds, thanks think zot)
When I first starting coming here I did not get this style of jacket, however as time wore on and seeing you guys all looking so very cool, my mind has been changed.
The epiphany jacket was the flat head double rider that was for sale (slightly too big) but since then I have been smitten.

So my question is, can I wear this without screaming mid life crisis?
I generally prefer collars up on jackets (product of eighties teenager), but with this style can it be done...
20200826_154203.jpg

Attachments

• 20200826_154001.jpg
    20200826_154001.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 523
  • 20200826_154055.jpg
    20200826_154055.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 525
  • 20200826_153812.jpg
    20200826_153812.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 526
  • 20200826_154402.jpg
    20200826_154402.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 626

Bennarion

One Too Many
Yesterday I received my first MC jacket (purchased via classifieds, thanks think zot)
When I first starting coming here I did not get this style of jacket, however as time wore on and seeing you guys all looking so very cool, my mind has been changed.
The epiphany jacket was the flat head double rider that was for sale (slightly too big) but since then I have been smitten.

I generally prefer collars up on jackets (product of eighties teenager), but with this style can it be done... View attachment 256634
You look amazing in this jacket, it suits you and transforms you. Very cool!!!

I generally prefer collars up on jackets (product of eighties teenager), but with this style can it be done... View attachment 256634

I was never entirely sure I understood the concept of a midlife crisis & what actions we take reflect it and it certainly doesn't sound to me as if wanting to look good should be a sign of something with such a negative connotation... So if that's the way you feel, no, you can't.

Time for the above the waist khakis, over-sized shirts and socks and sandals.

If you think you look great in this jacket, as you should because you really freaking do (my first thought when I saw the photo was why can't I ever look this cool and natural in a cross zip!) then yes.

Which is to say, wear that damn jacket!!!

I don't get the "Am I too old to wear this" questions because what's the alternative? Conforming to how people expect you should dress for, sigh, your age? Funny how the negative comments always come from people who never actually learned how to dress.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up

You absolutely rock this jacket. Looks great! So cool! Imo, you can wear a leather mc jacket and look cool no matter what age you are. As long as it's not some cheap mall jacket.

North_Star

One of the Regulars

You deffinetly can wear it collars up, and the jacket looks awesome.

Imuricecreamman

One Too Many

Awesome purchase. That jacket was on my radar. I'd put on a shorter, white t-shirt with that jacket and call it a day. Would be perfect with those jeans and sneakers.

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
@Whitters, you totally pull it off. Looks very natural on you. I think I've said this before, but imho you’ve got a bit of a Lou Reed vibe going on which pushes the cool meter up a few levels.

As far as dressing like a mid life crisis goes I think it’s totally a thing. I believe the determination as to if one is doing it has to do with intention rather than the selection of a particular garment. If a middle aged man chooses a particular garment because he really likes it, appearances be damned, then he is mature and secure. If he chooses a garment to appear younger or create an illusion of cool then it’s a mid life crisis. Only the individual involved may know for sure. Other potential indicators may be a red sports car and a new lady friend 20 years junior, both of which look sort of fun until the crash.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up

I think you totally rock it when worn open, can't see why you can't pop up the collar.
besides with brown color, and buttoned cuff, it looks more pilot than biker.

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many

Kikn ass it that jacket! Awsome

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab

@Whitters, you totally pull it off. Looks very natural on you. I think I've said this before, but imho you’ve got a bit of a Lou Reed vibe going on which pushes the cool meter up a few levels.

Agreed, Lou Reed can wear whatever the f*** he wants. Maybe tuck in the tee, but otherwise you got this!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21