What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I generally prefer collars up on jackets (product of eighties teenager), but with this style can it be done

Sure you can pop the top on that jacket.

MAH08097.MP4_20190215_131504.465.jpg

2. marker2037

marker2037 One of the Regulars

Thedi military canvas and buffalo leather MTC-C127913. This thing is as stiff as a board.

38DDFCB3-8CC1-457A-B462-8E0817FD105A.jpeg 782E75EA-0D32-4BE0-BB64-CB795F4F393B.jpeg

Also, new Filson x Gallantry wallet

413A516C-A7F1-4E6A-91E8-236AD7382A91.jpeg

1C503AEF-CF82-4FDA-B469-C382E6438A05.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  3. Nice. Great fit marker..!!

marker2037 likes this.
  4. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

marker2037 and AbbaDatDeHat like this.
  5. marker2037

marker2037 One of the Regulars

Close! But it's a Northwest Hat Co custom Raiders. Mike Miller is my go to.

Mrfrown, Zoo, regius and 1 other person like this.
  6. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Finished this concept jacket at last, a combination of Horween metropolitan and Italian steerhide. Blue twill lining, red duck pockets and some studs. NOS Talon front zipper

Attached Files:

7. Will Zach

Will Zach Practically Family

May be stiff as a board, but fits great!

marker2037 likes this.
  8. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

marker2037 likes this.
  9. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

@regius , Way To Go!!!!!!!!!!!

regius likes this.
  10. Monitor

Monitor

Turned out SUPER cool! Love it!

Rock on, Danny! Love everything about the look.

dannyk likes this.
  11. John D Maccarter

John D Maccarter One Too Many

Good job brother, if you stick with it you can be the next jc, hemil, can i get a discount?

regius likes this.
  12. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

Great job @regius ! Looks great!

13. John D Maccarter

How long have you been learning to make jackets? Did you take any course or get training? Super cool. Seriously I'm sure j.c. an hemil started out like this an they surely had there first prototype jacket one day as well

14. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

Thanks guys, really appreciate the support. I’m mostly self-taught while had a lady who got me started but she shortly developed breast cancer and we lost touch. The thing is (around where I am) nobody has experience or interest in making leather jackets, the dry cleaner ladies could provide theoretical hints but there’s very sporadic and material-specific challenges with leather (and leather/fabric combo, which is...well, about every leather jacket). JC has always been a tremendous mentor, very generous in sharing experience.

15. John D Maccarter

Awsome. Its always a good experience talking with john and I totally believe that, I have always been surprised by how much he is willing to share. If he would let me i would come work beside him just to help him and learn

handymike and regius like this.
  16. Monitor

Monitor

You have my infinite admiration and support in this. The jackets look well made, you're not afraid to do new stuff and most importantly, you know exactly what you like about the jacket, a certain part, detail, etc. and are doing it that way. That's what I think matters the most.
    I've wanted to have a go at this too but never got thru with it as with so many things in my life so I know how difficult and admirable it is to make that first step and do something that isn't just wishing or even planning.

dannyk and regius like this.
  17. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

congrats Regius for taking a hobby to the next level, jacket looks and fit very cool, you tried a lot of stuff on the jacket too, dual tone different leather, contrast stitching, amazing

regius and roadking04 like this.
  18. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

That's an amazing jacket @marker2037 . Love the olive canvas and brown leather together and it fits perfectly.

Very cool @regius ! I don't think I would ever be able to do that.

marker2037 likes this.
  19. regius

regius Call Me a Cab

The feeling you get from personally realizing your own vision, out of your own hands, is definitely the sublime kind. We've seen this saying a lot in start up businesses, that the founder does it because he/she can't find what suits them so they decided to do it themselves, this is almost a trope and honestly in many instances, I don't quite believe it. But in this case, there is only so much you can discuss/describe to an existing maker and get exactly what you want (with rare exceptions), so I am very happy to be able to make the jackets the way I want it. Of course, when it became a business, I have to find a mid-ground between my preferred fit vs period-correctness vs. what the customer wants.

20. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Screenshot_20200830-150125_Gallery.jpg Type3 indigo x black with indigo x indigo jeans. Both around 1.5yrs.