What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Kuro

Kuro A-List Customer

For the last two days, it has been my Centinela. It snowed in Colorado.

But today is a little warmer, so I wore my Aero Ridley.

BTW: I PLAN on selling this jacket whenever EMS from Japan to the USA is running again... For now I still get to enjoy it!

20200910_103658.jpg 20200910_103600.jpg

2. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

@Kuro It looks perfect and I'm not sure why you wanna sell it.

John D Maccarter and Kuro like this.
  3. torfjord

torfjord Practically Family

89BA80EC-7E66-4E93-B694-DEE6E3033F50.jpeg 7FC5727E-28B0-4FA0-8222-30677E71632B.jpeg

Vintage British suede trucker again. Jacket weather is back in full force. I normally relish the end of summer with the opportunity to wear my jackets. Not so much this year. Don’t get me wrong, I like the jackets. It’s just that I think I’m starting to like warm summer weather even more.

4. mtrlr

mtrlr One of the Regulars

MrProper likes this.
  5. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I have to +1 this statement. I work from home due to Covid-19 and it was down to 62F inside my house yesturday, so I turned on the furnace. Has to be the earliest I have done that in any year I've owned a place. It was 90F on Sunday the 6th. It's an adjustment, but I have to admit it's somewhat uncomfortable at least for now. We'll carry on...

6. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Wonderful jacket here - but I'm not placing it, what is this one?

jeo likes this.
  7. MrProper

MrProper A-List Customer

thank you :)
    That’s a 5* custom made vest. It’s a very light lambskin (called capeskin, but isn’t really capeskin)

jonesy86 likes this.
  8. Kuro

Kuro A-List Customer

It is philosophical, and not necessarily a "want". This jacket is a clean crosszip, distilled, details deleted. I have a J-100 made by Aero. It too is a clean distilled leather motorcycle style jacket. They both have a similar look when worn. No the styles are different, but the statement is similar, since they are both so clean in the details that the essence remains. I would not be saying this if my Ridley had a belt and epaulets and etc... Hence why I say philosophical. Literally when I look at pictures of myself wearing this jacket or my J-100, I see the same statement in my mind.

I have a Freewheelers La Brea on order. This will become my new crosszip when I do get it.

I pretty much HAVE to let something go to take something in. Between my J-100 and my Ridley, this one makes the most sense.

BUT as I said plan. The La Brea and the Ridley may be able to live in harmony. I won't know until I get it.

El Marro and Mrfrown like this.
  9. Jin431

Jin431 A-List Customer

First post on this thread and want to say a BIG thank you to Johnson Leathers of San Francisco for the superb bomber jacket they made for me. Seal brown chrome tanned goat with finish. Cotton drill lining, satin sleeves, snap sleeve closure.

IMG_1343.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG IMG_1345.JPG

IMG_1349.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1346.JPG

IMG_1347.JPG

10. Monitor

Monitor

This is 10/10 perfect!

Kuro likes this.
  11. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Jin431 likes this.
  12. Unusual pattern and style...but I like it.

[​IMG]

King B, davyjones007, Turnip and 3 others like this.
  13. RL204

RL204 New in Town

Some beverages may have been consumed prior to this photo. Good times had by all.

E60ED418-9EDE-49AD-9239-FAEF1B75EB9E.jpeg

It can be difficult explaining to friends why you have so many jackets. Once they actually see, touch and wear them then it’s a little easier.

14. Jin431

Jin431 A-List Customer

All thanks to people over at JL, they are great to work with. Thanks again.

HoosierDaddy likes this.
  15. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

Striped tshirt finally is the answer i need to bring back this gray hide into my active outwear rotation, eversince i started wearing more dark indigo jeans this jacket has been sidelined since my black brown and gray solid color tees cant usually make the color works together with dark blue jeans, who would have guessed The answer is a striped tees.
    20200911_064441.jpg 20200911_064508.jpg
    Also make 30% more sense for the fisherman cap hah.

King B, mtrlr, torfjord and 23 others like this.
  16. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

17. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

haha thanks... somehow this close knit forum is the only place I feel alright to put my photos since we share same hobby and jackets looks more proper with a complete head and leg to see its proportion . Im not extrovert enough to put my photos at IG or facebook:D

El Marro likes this.
  18. Sockeye

Sockeye One of the Regulars

Right there with you.
    upload_2020-9-10_21-26-59.png

jonesy86 and navetsea like this.
  19. navetsea

navetsea I'll Lock Up

haha, you know I feel happy with let say 12 likes, but I feel scared of 1.2k likes like that article above... and reshared, viral... , I will rip my modem off and throw it in the river behind my house.

I find my photo whenever I typed a local jeans brand to check how other people who bought the same pants have fade theirs since mine still look new so far, that alone made me anxious.

Carlos840 and Zoo like this.
  20. Mysteryo

Mysteryo Practically Family