What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Practically Family

This is one of your best fitting jackets! Very nice

Robbie79 likes this.
  2. Imuricecreamman

Imuricecreamman Practically Family

Is that the leather with the crazy upcharge? Looks great!

Robbie79 likes this.
  3. Robbie79

Robbie79 One Too Many

@Imuricecreamman Thanks! Yes, that's the one. Comparing this leather quality with Shinki used by Freewheelers or Himel this HH is not worse at all IMO and would be worth the price tag if workmanship would be on same level as FW or Himel...I mean it's still very good but for this price the stitching quality should be better. I bought this one second hand from a fellow lounger (from Belgium) some time ago...condition was almost new. Leather heaviness, leather quality and smell and overall fit makes this jacket one of my favorite leather jackets.

4. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

My favorite of your jackets. Fit is perfect for this style. I have a Victory HH Bill Kelso. The leather is special, not like any other I have found.

Imuricecreamman likes this.
  5. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One of the Regulars

Hey everyone. Been lurking.

Woke up this morning to like 60 degree temps. Ran to the closet to get my first outdoor leather jacket fix. Up until now, been wearing them around the house to get some breaking in. Wife, kids, dogs and cats think I'm nuts wearing a zipped up Schott and boxer shorts to bed.
    Anyway, going to hit 95 in a few hours, so was fun while it lasted, but we're almost there.
    Schott 519
    [​IMG]

6. Monitor

Monitor

Looks nice! Is that the soft/grainy cowhide one??

7. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

"Ran to the closet to get my first outdoor leather jacket fix. Up until now, been wearing them around the house to get some breaking in. Wife, kids, dogs and cats think I'm nuts wearing a zipped up Schott and boxer shorts to bed."

You'll fit right in here! Welcome to the Outwear section of Fedora Lounge! :)

Whitters, El Marro, Torstein and 5 others like this.
  8. Mrfrown

Mrfrown A-List Customer

Looks good. Looks great really. To me it’s the kind of thing maybe you don’t want to look too perfect.

There’s a certain primal or even berserker-ish carefree aspect you’re tapping in to. “Yeah I ripped the arms off the jacket. So?”

roadking04 and Boyo like this.
  9. Dbrn

Dbrn Familiar Face

Looks nasty! But aren't the sleeves too long?

dannyk likes this.
  10. TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead

TooManyHatsOnlyOneHead One of the Regulars

yes, it's the waxy cowhide. Really soft and "gooey". Only worn it like 5 times with Covid hitting and summer kicking in. I've got the 118 also which is the naked cowhide. similar cuts, but totally different feel. and the 519 has the star.

roadking04 likes this.
  11. Nice Robbie and a fantastic fit..!!

12. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Nice. I'm not a vest guy. But I prefer this to a purpose built vest. There's something cool and more authentic about re-purposing it like this.

Monitor likes this.
  13. Monitor

Monitor

Thanks, Seb (and everyone else). It was fun cutting off the sleeves. Man, five years ago I wouldn't have dreamed of doing something like this. That jacket woulda been my greatest treasure and now...

navetsea and Mrfrown like this.
  14. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

Trojan. Got soaked. Crazy S FL rain storm outta nowhere.

24DEC266-FC0B-4633-B5F9-4453AE6B4A05.jpeg

Dav, marker2037, Turnip and 15 others like this.
  15. Monitor

Monitor

Oh, sorry, forgot to reply. I'll see how I really like the vest and then decide if investing any more into it is worthwhile. But I really like it so far. The shoulders are a bit wide but I'm super skinny at the moment (was watching The Machinist the other day and realized I'm not that far off... Worst part, I was semi-jealous of Bale's look and I don't know why!) and it'll look better on a jean jacket or something. Problem is, I've no clue what can be done with the epaulets, as they're set in place by the snap, more than the stitching. Shorten them, perhaps? Dunno, but I like wearing that thing as it is right now so... We'll see. :D

Zoo likes this.
  16. Monitor

Monitor

Did the water get thru? I got caught a few times in a rain storm in Canada while wearing my LW vest but it didn't get soaked. I don't think a single molecule of water got thru that finish.

JMax likes this.
  17. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

Not a drop. My shirt is dry. My jeans, that’s another story man. It feels like I did the JonesyWear beach protocol.

18. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Heading up to Hanalei in my new Arcadia for a North shore swim. Hanalei Surf Hot Water Treatment (HSHWT) patent pending, Yes or no? 3D8F744F-4271-415A-A4F9-B1BD0ACB2415.jpeg

19. Jin431

Jin431 A-List Customer

Yes, please!

jonesy86 likes this.
  20. handymike

handymike I'll Lock Up

No, not in the Shinki :eek:...

jonesy86 likes this.