What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by dan_t, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

It's been raining all day and i have been switching between these two to get them wet and break them in:
    @JMax and @dannyk this should give you an idea of the fit of the HD.
    I'll try to take better pics once they are both propoperly broken in, will post a review of the Cycle Champ once i have good pics too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In the short time i have been wearing them i have developed a soft spot for the Champ, it fits really well and has some really cool sleeves, i prefer them over the Commando, i also prefer the body length. (both are size M)
    A CXL Cycle Champ would (actually, "could") be the end of the road.

Edit: Apologies for the crap pics, good jackets deserve better pictures...

Jarman, El Marro, marker2037 and 21 others like this.
  2. JMax

JMax My Mail is Forwarded Here

@Carlos840 Awesome. I want that HD at some point. I dig the subtle spot work. Fits great too.

Not a Thunderbird back either. This is nicer imo. This may be the pattern I use for my build with Vanson. Though a pocketless D and no patch pocket on the right side. Perhaps I’ll see if they can base my design/pocket configuration on another famous Harley jacket.

41DF202C-F96C-4C59-9A8C-88A37A5AEAC6.jpeg

3. Turnip

Turnip Practically Family

Fred Perry today...

[​IMG]

El Marro, Zoo, Whitters and 3 others like this.
  4. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Jacket season coming on in full force today in the Midwest. Chill in the air after rains and cold front yesturday. Harvest season. Time to enjoy the Lost Worlds a bit more...

DSC_0053.JPG DSC_0055.JPG

Jarman, Alexlutov, El Marro and 22 others like this.
  5. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I don't know what convinced you to sell the first one you had, but don't listen to that voice if it comes back!

6. dannyk

dannyk Practically Family

I have literally had the Vanson HD Cycle open on my phone for about a year. I was talking to @JMax about it like two years ago. Just have 3 jackets and a couple of pairs of boots I promised my fiance I would move before I got anything new. With Covid, Work, and Ive been sick (not covid related) myself the last month I havent done it. SO when I said Im excited to hear and see more about I mean it. For some reason as we all know around here there doesnt have to be an actual reason, sometimes we see a jacket and fall in love. This has been the one for me.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
    El Marro, navetsea, Mrfrown and 3 others like this.
  7. AeroFan_07

Thanks - It's not coming back (that voice inside my head). :)

This jacket is creasing up - showing grain all over the place. The arms are quite comfortable at this point. As I am 100% working form Home for the forseeable future, I'm committing myself to wearing this, or the Aero 4-pocket CR pretty much every day, all day for the next month or so.

navetsea, Zoo, handymike and 4 others like this.
  8. dannyk

dannyk Practically Family

Oh I forgot about this. My fiancé is a part time burlesque performer. Their troupe name is The Miss Demeanors for anyone curious they have an IG (the.miss.demeanors716) and Patreon(the_miss_demeanors) and hell yeah I’ll gladly share all that with you guys; help mama bring home that money. Got lots of work to do on our house! Haha. Plus they have big Halloween plans. But i bring this all up because this past weekend we were out thrifting cause she needed stuff for her costume. She found success and as did I. I can’t recall I bought two things one was 4 dollars the other 8. So for either 4 or 8 bucks I decided I couldn’t go wrong on this. Why the hell not? Now I have something to wear for those restaurants/bars that are kind of fancy but I don’t feel like wearing a tie. I could wear this with jeans or throw that tie on if need be.
    9628C9D2-5FD9-4473-8324-FD5E4AAD3AED.jpeg

Edward, marker2037, Dav and 6 others like this.
  9. Seb Lucas

Seb Lucas I'll Lock Up

Funny. I put on my corduroy blazer (Ralph Lauren) just before you posted this.

navetsea, Mrfrown and dannyk like this.
  10. MrProper

MrProper A-List Customer

yes, sometimes you have to prefer the sacco to the leather jacket. was the case with me last week. *lol*

dannyk likes this.
  11. tmitchell59

tmitchell59 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Lost Worlds Test 4+ Not much grain on this one.

MAH01899.MP4_20200928_153938.056.jpg MAH01899.MP4_20200928_154049.738.jpg MAH01899.MP4_20200928_154122.472.jpg MAH01899.MP4_20200928_154240.158.jpg MAH01899.MP4_20200928_154439.288.jpg MAH01899.MP4_20200928_154529.118.jpg

Jarman, El Marro, marker2037 and 20 others like this.
  12. AeroFan_07

^^ Looks great on you there sir...

13. Mid 50s and rain today so insulated Carhart.....

20190121_205944.jpg

Whitters, El Marro, jeo and 8 others like this.
  14. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

Fall is here, and the WJAYWT thread is picking up steam...:)

1960s horsehide Score today. This is my score for $125 on Etsy. That is why I am in this hobby.

DSC_0253.JPG

DSC_0256.JPG

15. Jin431

Jin431 A-List Customer

^^ great find! how do you guys clean the liner for an older jacket like this?

16. Will Zach

Will Zach One Too Many

^^
    This one was very clean, I did not do anything. But if they are filthy, I put the jacket into a warm bath with a mild detergent, agitate by hand, rinse well, dry lying flat over 5 days or so, treat with Obenaufs or Pecards if the leather stiffens.

Jin431 likes this.
  17. Jin431

Jin431 A-List Customer

Ah got it, makes sense to clean the whole jacket instead lol thank you

18. MrProper

MrProper A-List Customer

19. draš katalenić

draš katalenić One of the Regulars

This morning Eastman A-2 Star sportswear. IMG20200929094722.jpg

Zoo, Whitters, El Marro and 17 others like this.
  20. Turnip

Turnip Practically Family

Duck Day...

[​IMG]

Whitters, El Marro, jeo and 15 others like this.