Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Jacket Are You Wearing Today?

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Fred Perry today...

full

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

dannyk

One Too Many
It's been raining all day and i have been switching between these two to get them wet and break them in:
@JMax and @dannyk this should give you an idea of the fit of the HD.
I'll try to take better pics once they are both propoperly broken in, will post a review of the Cycle Champ once i have good pics too.

djuUzYu.jpg

2xMGLdp.jpg

p4hoEo1.jpg

EAsqEoq.jpg

In the short time i have been wearing them i have developed a soft spot for the Champ, it fits really well and has some really cool sleeves, i prefer them over the Commando, i also prefer the body length. (both are size M)
A CXL Cycle Champ would (actually, "could") be the end of the road.

Edit: Apologies for the crap pics, good jackets deserve better pictures...
I have literally had the Vanson HD Cycle open on my phone for about a year. I was talking to @JMax about it like two years ago. Just have 3 jackets and a couple of pairs of boots I promised my fiance I would move before I got anything new. With Covid, Work, and Ive been sick (not covid related) myself the last month I havent done it. SO when I said Im excited to hear and see more about I mean it. For some reason as we all know around here there doesnt have to be an actual reason, sometimes we see a jacket and fall in love. This has been the one for me.

Last edited:

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I don't know what convinced you to sell the first one you had, but don't listen to that voice if it comes back!

Thanks - It's not coming back (that voice inside my head). :)

This jacket is creasing up - showing grain all over the place. The arms are quite comfortable at this point. As I am 100% working form Home for the forseeable future, I'm committing myself to wearing this, or the Aero 4-pocket CR pretty much every day, all day for the next month or so.

dannyk

One Too Many
Oh I forgot about this. My fiancé is a part time burlesque performer. Their troupe name is The Miss Demeanors for anyone curious they have an IG (the.miss.demeanors716) and Patreon(the_miss_demeanors) and hell yeah I’ll gladly share all that with you guys; help mama bring home that money. Got lots of work to do on our house! Haha. Plus they have big Halloween plans. But i bring this all up because this past weekend we were out thrifting cause she needed stuff for her costume. She found success and as did I. I can’t recall I bought two things one was 4 dollars the other 8. So for either 4 or 8 bucks I decided I couldn’t go wrong on this. Why the hell not? Now I have something to wear for those restaurants/bars that are kind of fancy but I don’t feel like wearing a tie. I could wear this with jeans or throw that tie on if need be.
9628C9D2-5FD9-4473-8324-FD5E4AAD3AED.jpeg

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Oh I forgot about this. My fiancé is a part time burlesque performer. Their troupe name is The Miss Demeanors for anyone curious they have an IG (the.miss.demeanors716) and Patreon(the_miss_demeanors) and hell yeah I’ll gladly share all that with you guys; help mama bring home that money. Got lots of work to do on our house! Haha. Plus they have big Halloween plans. But i bring this all up because this past weekend we were out thrifting cause she needed stuff for her costume. She found success and as did I. I can’t recall I bought two things one was 4 dollars the other 8. So for either 4 or 8 bucks I decided I couldn’t go wrong on this. Why the hell not? Now I have something to wear for those restaurants/bars that are kind of fancy but I don’t feel like wearing a tie. I could wear this with jeans or throw that tie on if need be.
View attachment 265461

yes, sometimes you have to prefer the sacco to the leather jacket. was the case with me last week. *lol*

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
^^
This one was very clean, I did not do anything. But if they are filthy, I put the jacket into a warm bath with a mild detergent, agitate by hand, rinse well, dry lying flat over 5 days or so, treat with Obenaufs or Pecards if the leather stiffens.

Jin431

Call Me a Cab
^^
This one was very clean, I did not do anything. But if they are filthy, I put the jacket into a warm bath with a mild detergent, agitate by hand, rinse well, dry lying flat over 5 days or so, treat with Obenaufs or Pecards if the leather stiffens.

Ah got it, makes sense to clean the whole jacket instead lol thank you

J Leather Investigater

One Too Many
Yeah man this is really just a CR with waist belts and a collar. Follows the V right from the pits. Fit is almost identical to my Aero or SB CR’s. The HWM keeps it more straight shot from the pits down until it hits that waist taper, if that makes sense. Here’s a good comparison shot of the back(s)
SSxSB:
View attachment 264749
Aero CR:
View attachment 264750
Cr is fire. You hit the nail on the head to that jacket is a mix between the sb cr an roadster, super cool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB